• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

I think I'd make the argument that ranking people that aren't actively playing now doesn't make a ton of sense for a week to week power rankings. There's nothing to base moving them around in updated lists, so it's going to make it more difficult to players to surpass them in the rankings.

Not like it matters, because this is mostly for fun/memes. If the suggestion that ranking people is going to end up with hurt feelings/end of mafia is true, I'd probably say that this should just be a one time or infrequent thing.

And if people actually care about a fun internet game enough to get real life butthurt about it then...yikes.

I think I'd make the argument that ranking people that aren't actively playing now doesn't make a ton of sense for a week to week power rankings. There's nothing to base moving them around in updated lists, so it's going to make it more difficult to players to surpass them in the rankings.

Not like it matters, because this is mostly for fun/memes. If the suggestion that ranking people is going to end up with hurt feelings/end of mafia is true, I'd probably say that this should just be a one time or infrequent thing.

I think everyone i've seen ranked has played at least one game (maybe not on this board) game since mafia started back up.

I tried to base all of my rankings off of play for this "season"

giphy.gif

I took the names off to protect the butthurted. But here are the results through 14.5 ballots. You can see three pretty distinct tiers. gooner is the one sitting between tier 2 and tier 3 (underrated imo, had him solidly tier 2).

pubchart
pubchart
pubchart

same

d14 came in at #7 on my list. dude is Kevin Durant'ing the fuck of of this game.

D14 is Ja Morant. Exciting young player. Right now, is he playing at an all-star level? Probably not, but it's really easy to project him for that type of success given what we've seen so far

D14 is Ja Morant. Exciting young player. Right now, is he playing at an all-star level? Probably not, but it's really easy to project him for that type of success given what we've seen so far

As long as I'm not Michael Carter-Williams circa his ROY season I'm cool with it

This is probably a better analogy. Definite ROY. Tremendous future. But not MVP or HOF

But let’s be real. He is good

After the stellar start, he's had the kind of stumbles every rookie phenom has. As the game starts to slow down for him, though, the sky is really the limit at this point.

He's consensus-ranked 13. Which feels about right. Maybe slightly biased toward potential vs results.

Two top-ten votes (7 and 9). Not in T20 on one ballot.

He's consensus-ranked 13. Which feels about right. Maybe slightly biased toward potential vs results.

Two top-ten votes (7 and 9). Not in T20 on one ballot.

I really think the most interesting thing to this is going to be the week to week movement in the 11-20 area of the ranking. I'd think there's going to be tons of fluctuation in that range.

I really think the most interesting thing to this is going to be the week to week movement in the 11-20 area of the ranking. I'd think there's going to be tons of fluctuation in that range.

100% agree. I found it basically impossible to do the rankings below like 8. Its just one big pile and i think you're right that is where recent performance will really shine through. Consistently performing for that group will eventually work them up into the tier1/tier2 blueblood level.

mostly agree, but don't think we've seen the so-called eagles fastball in 2020

i ranked ryala 1 and eagles 2

Opinions are great. What separates Eaglez for me is he lays it on the line every game. Meaning he makes a call on a player. There was a game about a month ago where gouda made one or two posts and eaglez came out on him. I consider gouda a good player and I was like wtf. So I questioned him, eaglez answered somewhat vaguely but confidently. I can't remember if gouda then floundered and we voted him off that round or the next round. Eaglez was spot on. I asked what it was, how he knew and he hinted at it but didn't want to completely give it away. eaglez is so accurate when he comes out with those reads, it's incredible. I'm not talking his leans but when he is confident. The only one I can think of him missing lately is when he pegged 03 as the cop and we were mafia. Speaking of that game, that is the other thing that sets him apart. How many players, with his reputation, could tap dance that many rounds and almost pull it off despite an obvious blunder? It's a very short list. Ryala is a great player and it's very hard not to like him. He's fun and he's funny but if I have the first pick in the mafia draft, I'm picking Jordan. Nothing wrong with Olajuwon (ryala), still a franchise player but.....

same

d14 came in at #7 on my list. dude is Kevin Durant'ing the fuck of of this game.

civ14 is likely deserving of a top 10 ranking. Once he gets comfortable as mafia, I'm sure he'll get there. No doubt he has the chops.

Back