• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

I guess it messes up calculations if I don't complete the sheet, so I will. Since I'm old and I can't remember shit anymore, I will have a recency bias. Tejas, I know we played previously but we've only had a couple games back. I don't deny you are deserving but I just can't remember so people like tim, GM and others that I'm not familiar with or don't know, please know it's a lack of knowledge, not incompetence, if you were left off.
Numbers and nonny - I'm going to be honest, I confuse you 2 as players often. You are kind of one player in my eyes from back in the day. I'm going to blame toogs from doing too many toogs rants on both of you. You know, the old "If I was a BG, I'd protect no one before I'd protect nonny/numbers." rant. Since we've returned, I've tried to be conscious of it and nonny has had the edge in game play recently imo (both have been solid) but I wanted to do a mea culpa for not having paid better attention previously.

Lastly, Fuck gooner*. War has been declared. Not only do you leave me off, but you put knight on there after just shitting his pants as mafia in the game currently going on and having the mafia chat in stitches the game before. He was so "good", he name never came up for a kill once they placated me by doing a role investigation on him to make sure he wasn't the cop. Other than that, he's been a D1 kill to make sure he didn't fuck up the game. Lucky for you, I will not let this influence my vote for you but don't be surprised by my D1 vote in eaglez game come Monday.

*since many of you don't know me, I feel the need to make the disclaimer that this is all in fun. I really don't give a shit. I will just rank myself higher now because I'm vain.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for peer pressure

I guess it messes up calculations if I don't complete the sheet, so I will. Since I'm old and I can't remember shit anymore, I will have a recency bias. Tejas, I know we played previously but we've only had a couple games back. I don't deny you are deserving but I just can't remember so people like tim, GM and others that I'm not familiar with or don't know, please know it's a lack of knowledge, not incompetence, if you were left off.
Numbers and nonny - I'm going to be honest, I confuse you 2 as players often. You are kind of one player in my eyes from back in the day. I'm going to blame toogs from doing too many toogs rants on both of you. You know, the old "If I was a BG, I'd protect no one before I'd protect nonny/numbers." rant. Since we've returned, I've tried to be conscious of it and nonny has had the edge in game play recently imo (both have been solid) but I wanted to do a mea culpa for not having paid better attention previously.

Lastly, Fuck gooner*. War has been declared. Not only do you leave me off, but you put knight on there after just shitting his pants as mafia in the game currently going on and having the mafia chat in stitches the game before. He was so "good", he name never came up for a kill once they placated me by doing a role investigation on him to make sure he wasn't the cop. Other than that, he's been a D1 kill to make sure he didn't fuck up the game. Lucky for you, I will not let this influence my vote for you but don't be surprised by my D1 vote in eaglez game come Monday.

*since many of you don't know me, I feel the need to make the disclaimer that this is all in fun. I really don't give a shit. I will just rank myself higher now because I'm vain.

I think you should be stripped of your credentials. I don't remember ever ranting against numbers, nor nonny since the reboot.

also just like bball voters dont watch every pac 10 and colonial game, I aint evaluating late week games I am not involved in.

Numbers and Anonymous are vastly different players.

Numbers is streaky and I dont think gets enough credit for how good he can be in some games. He also has a bunch of WTF moments in others.

Anonymous is a consistently great player with some knocks for no showing games and rounds. Would assume most of the long time deac players and retired deac players would have him squarely in the top 5 or so players.

Anonymous is a consistently great player with some knocks for no showing games and rounds. Would assume most of the long time deac players and retired deac players would have him squarely in the top 5 or so players.

Skill counts for only so much. Top 5 is skill, definitely.

Showing up and the social aspect of the game matter.

Numbers is streaky and I dont think gets enough credit for how good he can be in some games. He also has a bunch of WTF moments in others.

There was a season where nonny Im pretty sure never failed to peg me as civ, civ special or maf. It was astounding and very frustrating. I had to change my style just to get him off my back

Give this man a vote! But yes, completely agree re: numbers. I also heavily voted on effort and numbers often gives the most effort out of anyone in the game. I made the comment the other day but he is always asking the right questions and has a strong process, just unfortunately has those WTF moments that are eek bad and remembered by all.

Skill counts for only so much. Top 5 is skill, definitely.

Showing up and the social aspect of the game matter.
Overnights and general banter are tough for me, especially lately with work. Usually try to be pretty game focused when I'm around and posting and unfortunately as DA noted, occasionally means I'm absent more than I'd like.

There was a season where nonny Im pretty sure never failed to peg me as civ, civ special or maf. It was astounding and very frustrating. I had to change my style just to get him off my back
That was something special. And I can't (and couldn't then) tell you exactly what it was other than tone. I now have to force myself to not rely on that anymore (as it's no more accurate than guessing) and evaluate you on a per game basis.

And if I didn't rank some of the non Deac / newer to these boards people as high as you'd hope, it's likely I just don't have enough of a read yet. I definitely valued effort and what have you done for me lately (i.e., why I have Toogs lower than consensus as I don't think we've gotten his best stuff recently).

Gat and Rommy were in one tier for me, and they're so different. Rommy is a volume shooter. He can win you games all on his own, but you've got to have a quick hook because when he's not on, he can shoot you out of a game. He's Russ Westbrook.

Gat isn't that. He's steady. Does all the little things well, but isn't gonna pop on a stat sheet. Plug him in the lineup and you know what you're getting out of him. He's Draymond Green, if Draymond wasn't a sociopath.

And yes, I will continue making basketball comps, but obviously knight is either Rodman or Birdman.

I did this too...

:couch:

Everyone did this, don't lie. I'm not saying I want to start a feud with the voter who has me UR, but I've been looking for a reason to start a mafia blood feud anyway, sooooo

Gat and Rommy were in one tier for me, and they're so different. Rommy is a volume shooter. He can win you games all on his own, but you've got to have a quick hook because when he's not on, he can shoot you out of a game. He's Russ Westbrook.

Gat isn't that. He's steady. Does all the little things well, but isn't gonna pop on a stat sheet. Plug him in the lineup and you know what you're getting out of him. He's Draymond Green, if Draymond wasn't a sociopath.

And yes, I will continue making basketball comps, but obviously knight is either Rodman or Birdman.

Definitely Rodman. If you can keep him focused and surrounded by positive voices that quell his inner demons, you've got yourself a valuable piece on a winning team. But you also might have to run around Vegas at 3am searching for him only to open a hotel room door and find him snorting cocaine out of a stripper's asshole when you need him ready to go for a noon pacific tip in LA.

I literally typed, "Guys, we are the '96 Bulls" into mafia chat.

Going to post weekly results in this thread rather than clutter up the boards even more. Expect it to be more boxscore and less analysis... Unless I feel something ridiculous happened that needs to be noted.

And if I didn't rank some of the non Deac / newer to these boards people as high as you'd hope, it's likely I just don't have enough of a read yet. I definitely valued effort and what have you done for me lately (i.e., why I have Toogs lower than consensus as I don't think we've gotten his best stuff recently).

I just played the best 2 games I have played in 10 years, but I expect my stock to fall from here.

Everyone did this, don't lie. I'm not saying I want to start a feud with the voter who has me UR, but I've been looking for a reason to start a mafia blood feud anyway, sooooo

Its gonna take a few weeks for shit like this to shake out. When Tim realizes he doesn't have you ranked he's gonna feel bad is my guess.

Im just gonna go ahead and use this thread as a big fat catch all. We need to document a schedule.

5/4 theme game: Eagles
5/11 theme game: open date?
5/18 theme game: open date?
5/25 theme game: open date?

Im coming up with another game i can run at some point but i've run a few lately and want to give other people a shot to run.

Back