• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

Hummm. Perhaps double duty? International recruiting AND big man coaching?

Darius is currently a player development assistant for the Spurs by the way. It would be pretty cool if he ended up as an assistant on Head Coach Timmy's staff.

was looking up our assistants bios and learned a couple of interesting things. Brooks Savage and BJ McKie are both from Irmo, SC (Columbia area) and both played at Irmo high school(not at same time, Mckie is older) for Tim Whipple who is a long time SC basketball high school coach with multiple state championships.
Also, Savage went to undergrad and grad school at Tenn and majored in sports management and was a manager and grad assistant for Tenn Basketball from 2004-2010 . So he definitely met Steve Forbes during that time and most likely met John Currie during that time too as Currie was an Assoc AD at Tenn.

In the Les podcast, Forbes described Savage as like him when he was younger but better looking with more hair.

Saw on Instagram that Devin Thomas is accepting a position on Forbes’ staff.

Goodman and others have tweeted that Chris Jans (New Mexico State) is a candidate for the ETSU job, so Shay is definitely not a lock to get the job.

“Excited to see his loyalty towards his players” feels like a bit of a shot.

I took this as Forbes probably reached out to former players to connect and Devin was recognizing that with the shout-out. I would be really surprised if he’s on the staff.

I took this as Forbes probably reached out to former players to connect and Devin was recognizing that with the shout-out. I would be really surprised if he’s on the staff.

I’m not sure what’s happening with it, all the comments took it as he got a job, upon my initial read I thought the post was worded poorly and he was just giving Forbes some love but after reading 22s post and then going back and looking at it I thought that made sense. I think it still just might be worded poorly?

Went back and read the post again, I have no idea what he’s saying. Is he shouting out Forbes for getting the job, or shouting out Forbes for giving him a job? The comments suggest he got a job, but I have no idea.

Went back and read the post again, I have no idea what he’s saying. Is he shouting out Forbes for getting the job, or shouting out Forbes for giving him a job? The comments suggest he got a job, but I have no idea.

The posts he's liked doesn't help clear things up either.

It’s just worded poorly. It also seems like he’s turned off comments now. I think he was just trying to congratulate Forbes on the new gig. I think it’s also a possibility that he’s reached out to DT and many other basketball alums. Good to see that he’s on board.

I would think DT has several more years playing overseas before going into coaching. What was the post that caused the confusion (not on IG).

In one of the interviews I saw Forbes listed a bunch of former Wake players he wanted to call and touch base with, starting with all the NBA Deacs.

Goodman and others have tweeted that Chris Jans (New Mexico State) is a candidate for the ETSU job, so Shay is definitely not a lock to get the job.

That has to be weird for Forbes... He's really close w/ Jans (and obviously Shay).

Jans would never join the Wake Forest coaching staff, but Shay would...

Can't see him trying to bring over ETSU players/recruits/transfers if either of those guys ends up the Head Coach.

Reading comprehension is quite poor on that post. C'mon, people.

“Excited to see his loyalty towards his players” feels like a bit of a shot.
Looking through his IG, he has a post with Dinos with the caption: "During the unloyal times, we stayed loyal.. Laughing about how things worked out in the end...😂💯"

lol, DT was the originator of the "Us Against the World" mentality during the Era of Unwiped Ass.

I’m having a hard time seeing Devin Thomas as a coach

I’d rather Jans get that job and Forbes bring Shay. The Les podcast seems like the Childress issue makes him a little uncomfortable. Just bring in your guys and move on.

Are you suggesting Childress is being forced on him? I didn’t see that at all. Seems like Forbes genuinely wants RC on staff in some capacity.

Back