• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

Hard to say that Randolph has done a great job keeping players around, especially if Neath jets. I hope we find a place for him, but I'm ready for him to be off the bench. Still seems unlikely that Randolph would take a demotion, and also seems unlikely that Forbes would put Randolph in front of one of his own guys. Guess we'll know soon now that Shay is out.

They do have hotel rooms. His point, which I think has been blown out of all proportion, is that if he has to work through the night as coaches sometimes do, he has some sweet surroundings for catching a few hours of sleep.

Right. And it wasn't clear from Forbes' interviews (at least the ones I've seen) that Childress was a part of those late late night meetings at the office.

Would rather have a proven winning coach on the bench vs Childress.

Yep. I would hope a guy who worked his way up the ladder like Forbes would give a shot to someone else who is doing the same.

Childress needs to go, put him somewhere in the AD, everything from the Manning era needs to be cleaned out. Sarr and any other players see ya. Next year will be rough regardless, if Forbes gets a solid 21 class and picks up some good grad transfers next year then Forbes has something good going for year 2.

Agreed. Josh Howard has taken a ground-up approach the whole way.

I'd be happy to see Josh Howard on the bench back in Winston, especially if he has some success at UNT-Dallas.

Hard to say that Randolph has done a great job keeping players around, especially if Neath jets. I hope we find a place for him, but I'm ready for him to be off the bench. Still seems unlikely that Randolph would take a demotion, and also seems unlikely that Forbes would put Randolph in front of one of his own guys. Guess we'll know soon now that Shay is out.

Just out of curiosity...would you feel the same if Sarr was returning next year regarding Chill?

I think that everything, sarr/neath/chill included need to be removed from their positions as they were part of the last 10 years...but just an opinion

I'd be happy to see Josh Howard on the bench back in Winston, especially if he has some success at UNT-Dallas.

Maybe it would. I'm glad it will be up to the coach instead of the AD.

Josh Howard went 49-49 at PIU and is now coaching at a 3,000 student NAIA school. All for keeping our ex-players engaged with the program, but nobody should be on our bench that hasn't objectively earned it.

Josh Howard went 49-49 at PIU and is now coaching at a 3,000 student NAIA school. All for keeping our ex-players engaged with the program, but nobody should be on our bench that hasn't objectively earned it.

Please expound on the coaching experience of Randolph Childress before he joined the Wake Forest basketball coaching staff in comparison. Or perhaps you feel the same about him ?

Hell, Tim Duncan got a coaching gig with the Spurs with zero experience.

Joel Justus went from Woodberry Forest and eventually landed at Kentucky with maybe a chance at the ETSU job, and we've got our own dude at Woodberry Forest now with Craig Dawson. Maybe it's time to bring him home. Craig Dawson. Bring him home! Bring him home!

Forbes will probably give Chill a year to see how things work out. Chill prob helped us keep several players. Sarr had a foot out the door before Manning was fired.

Please expound on the coaching experience of Randolph Childress before he joined the Wake Forest basketball coaching staff in comparison. Or perhaps you feel the same about him ?

I...do feel the same about Childress. Check my past posts. But way to stretch that vocabulary. Haven't heard "expound" in a while.

There is a tremendous amount of pressure being put on Forbes to keep Childress on staff. Considering those circumstances Forbes seems to be handling the situation well.

There is a tremendous amount of pressure being put on Forbes to keep Childress on staff. Considering those circumstances Forbes seems to be handling the situation well.

I seriously doubt Forbes has any pressure to keep Chill. If Shay didn't get ETSU, then he comes here and Chill stays in the Ernie spot if Forbes wants and he wants for some player continuity or takes gig in AD or moves on to slim opportunities elsewhere. Forbes plays all this to his and our short and long term advantage. In Forbes we shall Trust.

Back