• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

I’ve blocked so much of it out. Childress was only an assistant coach with Bz for one year?

Thanks. I know those speaking about it probably know that, but i feel we speak about it as though he was a major contributor in the Bz era. He was only an assistant for [Redacted]’s last, and best, season. He has basically just been a significant part of the Manning staff. Bz didn’t lose because of him.
I am not saying he is any good. I’m of the opinion he is still somewhat of an unknown in terms of what he can contribute to a competent staff. Many of us wanted him to go off and work under a successful coach elsewhere. That coach has come to us. I’m fine with that.

If Forbes wants him on the staff that's good enough for me. No indication it's anyone's choice but Forbes'.

Nice. I liked Hugley the couple of times I saw them. I liked all the ETSU players pretty much. They had this one 7-footer that never played, but who came on a couple of times while Jeromy Rodriguez was hurt, and that guy wasn't very good, be he was pretty much the only guy I saw get minutes for them that was like that. I guess when you win 30 games most of your dudes look good and like they can contribute.

But also, Rodriguez was one of their best players, one of the best bigs in the league, was out for two months, and they still went 30-4. Crazy.

Forbes is playing 4orbesD chess and getting Hugley to lure those ETSU guys rather than the blatantly shady move of going after the Gould WS-Prep guy! I like it.

#4orbesDChesswhileyouareplayingCheckers

Hugley is from the DC area -- a fertile recruiting spot. BTW, as a junior after playing only one year at Central Connecticut State, Hugley was named a co-captain there. Also, Hugley played for Donyell Marshall at CCSU. Marshall played 18 years in the NBA.

Hugley = DC
McKie = SC
Childress = NC (& Morgan Park?)
Savage = Anywhere & Everywhere

I'm talking (posting) out of my ass here, but if that's how to look at it, it works for me.

So we'll have Hugley and the Lithuanian dude as non-full time/bench assistant positions next year?

So we'll have Hugley and the Lithuanian dude as non-full time/bench assistant positions next year?

Forgot about him!

AMENDED:
Hugley = DC
McKie = SC
Kavaliauskas = Rest of World

Hugley = DC
McKie = SC

I'm talking (posting) out of my ass here, but if that's how to look at it, it works for me.

Back