• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

I am definitely all in on having a guy named Savage on our bench.

I think Wake owes Chill a cushy spot in the AD for playing shield for both Bz and Manning and for everything he did as a player

there is zero evidence that Chill is a good coach though

Haven't followed the board in a few hours. What are the updates on assistants? Bringing his entire staff with him?

If that is the case, then WF's new DBO is Frank Davis:
11000L.jpg

Played at Tennessee Tech. Three point marksmen. Also coached at Tenn Tech before getting the DBO job at ETSU.
Bio: https://www.etsubucs.com/mbasketball/roster/2019-20/10418/frank-davis/

WF's new strength coach is Mike Starke:
15631L.jpg

From MN, college football player at Concordia (MN). Spent two years as a graduate strength and conditioning coach at Tennessee; also worked in S and C at Miami (O).

Bio: https://www.etsubucs.com/mbasketball/roster/2019-20/10419/mike-starke/

Forbes kid, Chris Forbes is also a grad assistant at ETSU. Forbes was student manager at Wichita State when his dad was an assistant there, and was a student manager at ETSU when Forbes got the head job there.

Last edited:
This is how you do it! You bring your guys in and don't listen to any "well, you might want to consider" ideas from anyone else. Contrast with Jeff B. who didn't even bring 1 guy with him. Will be interesting to see who gets ETSU job and if we have a top assistant position open.

Currie did everything we wanted him to do , now his job is to get the hell out of Forbe's way.

I think Wake owes Chill a cushy spot in the AD for playing shield for both Bz and Manning and for everything he did as a player

there is zero evidence that Chill is a good coach though

Not sure if it means anything, but the current roster on the Wake Forest Basketball website lists Steve Forbes as Head Men's Basketball Coach and Randolph Childress as Assistant Coach.

https://godeacs.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Are we just going to keep him on every bench until forever?

FWIW, ETSU assistant Jason Slay is already named "Interim HC" at ETSU on their website.

FWIW, ETSU assistant Jason Slay is already named "Interim HC" at ETSU on their website.

Yeah, ETSU announced that earlier today when they put out a statement on Forbes taking the Wake job.

Saw that. I have to imagine he gets the job. Forbes gave him the seal of approval and you'd think they'd want to keep a good thing going, however possible.

I know we just hired a coach in the middle of pandemic, but I think bringing someone new into ETSU right now would be a different animal.

everybody who even touched a basketball for any reason in the last ten years needs to go. Sorry its a tough business. LETS GO!

No. Love Chill for what he did as a player but former staff hanging around is a bad idea.

I expect Chill to be around for a little while to help with transition stuff. He knows where the rest rooms are. After that, he needs to find somewhere else to be. Wake owes him some help in finding a good landing spot.

Back