• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

I mean, ultimately the problem the last two times was that the head coach was terrible. I have a hard time thinking Childress made the situation worse, at least. I'd prefer he moved on, I think, but if it's Forbes' call...huh.

I don't think anyone needs to pull any strings for him or anything, though. I dunno, man. I think he'll be ok in life, regardless.

Does Childress expect to be hired by a third coach in a row he had no prior relationship to? If he really wants to be a coach, go work your path. It’s a little unseemly at this point.

It’s definitely a little strange

Chill is to keep the good players from leaving/ stability. He’s also a good recruiter. He will probably be given a year to prove his loyalty to Forbes.

If Chill is a lower level assistant that recruits a lot, I'm fine with it. There was a weird rumor/scoop started by the Rivals guy maybe a year(?) ago that Chill was undermining Manning with recruits and telling them that Manning was done and Chill would be the next HC.

Seems really out there to me but figured I'd pass it along.

Chill is to keep the good players from leaving/ stability. He’s also a good recruiter. He will probably be given a year to prove his loyalty to Forbes.

Like Brown, Neath, and Massoud?

Bilas posted on Twitter yesterday and explained that Wake's coaches and players were poisoned to have an us vs. them mentality against the school and fans so all the coaches and support staff with that loser mentality have to be cleared out.

For whatever reason, I don’t think Chill had this attitude. Brandon did, but I think he just has a salty personality.

Chill’s body language always screamed “Get me the F away from this clown”. He seemed disappointed and embarrassed.

Does Childress expect to be hired by a third coach in a row he had no prior relationship to? If he really wants to be a coach, go work your path. It’s a little unseemly at this point.

One of the assistant coaches listed in the "top 25 recruiters" link is working for his third head coach at Alabama. So it isn't unprecedented.

Back