• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

Childress isn’t a top 25 recruiter though.

Childress isn’t a top 25 recruiter though.

Never said he was. That was simply am easy example of an assistant coach lasting through multiple head coaches. There is a precedent.

Chill may bring other intangible and tangible skills that Forbes wants. Maybe he doesn't. I hope Forbes has free reign to keep or replace Childress as he wishes.

The one area where Childress might have some worth on our coaching staff is keeping our current players around, given the number who at least have an eye on the exit door. But if guys stay for Childress, and wouldn't stay for Forbes, it's probably best they move on now anyways.

Chill isn’t a victim. He got two plum jobs because of his previous awesome association with Wake. Actually three because wasn’t he in the AD previously? And those jobs led to his son getting a spot on the team. Sure, maybe he was used as a human shield to some degree, but let’s not treat this like he didn’t also benefit from this arrangement.

I fully trust that if Forbes adds him, it’s because he sees something of superior value over someone else he could hire. So far I haven’t seen that “it factor,” but we can all be glad that it’s Forbes’ job to know that for sure and not mine.

I think Wake owes Chill a cushy spot in the AD for playing shield for both Bz and Manning and for everything he did as a player

there is zero evidence that Chill is a good coach though

You’re 100% right, followed by 100% wrong.

where is your evidence that Chill is a good coach?

for which players was he the lead recruiter? which guys did he coach up?

the best guy to keep as an assistant in hypothetical dreamworld is actually Manning because he is a good developer of big man talent, which is huge in the college game

If Forbes doesn't keep Childress on the coaching staff I'm sure he'll be reabsorbed into the AD or Deacon Club in some capacity. Currie won't cut him loose completely, especially now that he's got a valuable week of head coaching experience under his belt. . . .

Makes me wonder what exactly Chill did the past 6 days as interim HC...campus was empty, players gone. Maybe he greeted Amaker and any other candidates when they arrived on campus...<lol>. But it's now on his resume for what it's worth...... Def agree we should keep him in the AD or DC somewhere w/o affecting Forbes' leadership of the b-ball program.

Makes me wonder what exactly Chill did the past 6 days as interim HC...campus was empty, players gone. Maybe he greeted Amaker and any other candidates when they arrived on campus...<lol>. But it's now on his resume for what it's worth...... Def agree we should keep him in the AD or DC somewhere w/o affecting Forbes' leadership of the b-ball program.

Let's not give him a radio analyst gig though

If already mentioned sorry but was told Shah took 2 new assistants out to dinner to a great steakhouse in W-S tonight....many of you locally probably know the likely place.

Lol, I like that we have an “Official” assistant coaches thread. As if any of us know fuck all about assistant coaches. Not surprised it quickly turned into another discussion about Chill.

Good to hear Forbes is bringing most of his staff.

Nobody at all from the current staff, please. No Chill. No Beardsley Horn. They are tainted and have demonstrated nothing other than their teams know how to lose.

From what I'm hearing, almost everyone previously associated with the basketball program is being purged, including support staff in non-basketball roles and some who were there long before Danny, and even Bz.

The one area where Childress might have some worth on our coaching staff is keeping our current players around, given the number who at least have an eye on the exit door. But if guys stay for Childress, and wouldn't stay for Forbes, it's probably best they move on now anyways.

That doesn't seem to be working well.

From what I'm hearing, almost everyone previously associated with the basketball program is being purged, including support staff in non-basketball roles and some who were there long before Danny, and even Bz.

Good. The whole program was toxic and rotten. Time to zero it out and start over.

Yes clean the stink out, febreze it, bleach it, and and if any players wanna go BUH BYE!!

So Lynn Heflin? Greg Collins? It would be really sad to see them go.

Lol, I like that we have an “Official” assistant coaches thread. As if any of us know fuck all about assistant coaches. Not surprised it quickly turned into another discussion about Chill.

Good to hear Forbes is bringing most of his staff.

With what has been publicly state, the spot currently occupied by Chill is the only spot left on Forbes staff of coaches. He is still in it as of this writing. Will he still be there tomorrow? next week? Who knows. Hence, speculation,

Back