• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

From what I'm hearing, almost everyone previously associated with the basketball program is being purged, including support staff in non-basketball roles and some who were there long before Danny, and even Bz.

Holy shit!! The former Director of Communications who worked directly with Men’s Basketball, Steve Kirkland no longer has a page on godeacs.com! He used to be in charge of the website. Damn, they really are cleaning house.

b540c78c9379a3722b10f81133565d88.jpg

To all the people worrying, I doubt they let go of Greg Collins though. He’s the best in the business.

Holy shit!! The former Director of Communications who worked directly with Men’s Basketball, Steve Kirkland no longer has a page on godeacs.com! He used to be in charge of the website. Damn, they really are cleaning house.

b540c78c9379a3722b10f81133565d88.jpg

To all the people worrying, I doubt they let go of Greg Collins though. He’s the best in the business.

I've heard for months that getting rid of Manning would just be the beginning of Currie pushing people out and putting his own imprint on the Athletic Department.

Perhaps, I'm reading too much into things, but during today's presser, it didn't sound like Childress is likely to be part of Forbes' staff.

When asked about Childress, Forbes praised Randolph, and stated that he was always welcome at WF, but made no statement like he was on the verge of bringing in Chill as part of the current staff, when that was the clear point of the question. Then, right after that, he talked about how his staff hunkered down in the WF basketball offices all night, and were working together to build the roster, which Chill clearly was not part of. While Forbes certainly didn't go right out and commit either way, didn't get the vibe that Chill will be on the WF bench next year.

I got the same vibe.

I'm joking here, but maybe in his conversations with Clawson, Forbes was told to stay away from anyone associated with the previous staff. They will steal your playbook.

Perhaps, I'm reading too much into things, but during today's presser, it didn't sound like Childress is likely to be part of Forbes' staff.

When asked about Childress, Forbes praised Randolph, and stated that he was always welcome at WF, but made no statement like he was on the verge of bringing in Chill as part of the current staff, when that was the clear point of the question. Then, right after that, he talked about how his staff hunkered down in the WF basketball offices all night, and were working together to build the roster, which Chill clearly was not part of. While Forbes certainly didn't go right out and commit either way, didn't get the vibe that Chill will be on the WF bench next year.

Special Envoy to the AD

Holy shit!! The former Director of Communications who worked directly with Men’s Basketball, Steve Kirkland no longer has a page on godeacs.com! He used to be in charge of the website.

Was he in charge of Manning's website as well?

I agree with this. Forbes' comment made it seem like a courtesy interview and that's it.

Tricky part of Childress is that he has the keys to Tim.

Childress really needs to leave wake and coach at another school. Set him self apart as a coach and recruiter from the last two disasters. It's a tough year for finding a new coaching gig, but if he really wants a career in coaching, he needs to get out of Wake. If he just wants a career at Wake, he should take a position in the AD somewhere, because what best for the hoops program is to let Forbes run the show completely.

Childress really needs to leave wake and coach at another school. Set him self apart as a coach and recruiter from the last two disasters. It's a tough year for finding a new coaching gig, but if he really wants a career in coaching, he needs to get out of Wake. If he just wants a career at Wake, he should take a position in the AD somewhere, because what best for the hoops program is to let Forbes run the show completely.

You get no argument from me.

pilch with the rhetorical analysis

i agree

Maybe he could try for an NBA front office job?
But if he's hell bent to coach he needs to go somewhere else for sure.

From what I have heard I don't think there was a lot of love for Kirkland.

The entire Media Relations/SID department at Wake has needed a reshuffling, if not outright change for quite some time. Don't fault Currie at all with this.

who cares

childress has been around for decade and tim has been retired and he still hasn't come around much

I think it’s important to the program that Tim is involved. I don’t think we should give Randolph a job to make that happen, but it matters. An NBA HOFer and coach can be pretty valuable.

I think it’s important to the program that Tim is involved. I don’t think we should give Randolph a job to make that happen, but it matters. An NBA HOFer and coach can be pretty valuable.

i'm just saying randolph being on staff or not doesn't seem to make any difference on tim's level of involvement

i'm just saying randolph being on staff or not doesn't seem to make any difference on tim's level of involvement

Disagree. Tim has been involved a lot more in the last couple years than the previous 20.

Back