• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Forbes' assistant coaches: McKie, Savage, Childress

It just all seemed so fake and put-on, if not attention seeking...like fan-man, but on the bench. He'd be going crazy over a play despite the game being out of reach. He seems to be really popular with the sunshine brigade. I'm sure he'll land somewhere that his exuberance is appreciated, but I'm glad to be rid of most everything ever associated with the Manning regime.

He was really good at post work out photos though. The lighting, the poses and the IG filters were top notch, upper echelon P5 kind of stuff.

He was really good at post work out photos though. The lighting, the poses and the IG filters were top notch, upper echelon P5 kind of stuff.
A good propaganda man is a nice thing to have.

Good Hugley article.

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Ba...st-achieved-Hugley-heads-for-Wake-Forest.html

019D4B04-300B-4AF0-B67B-6C39D7F4BB8E-jpeg.jpg

I bet Hugley is one of our assistant coaches before he is 30 years old.

I bet Hugley is one of our assistant coaches before he is 30 years old.

He might not be a Wake assistant, but I am in agreement that he will be an assistant coach before he is 30. I would expect it to be at someplace like ETSU or Central Connecticut.

I expect him to put in two or three good seasons under Forbes and then get an assistant's job at a low or mid major.

thanks for posting. seems like a great guy to have on your staff. having coaches with personalities is something we have been missing for quite some time.

I read on the Gamecocks 247 board that they recently had their lead assistant retire (Perry Clark). The gist of the report said that Frank Martin contacted BJ McKie about the job (McKie's is gamecocks all time leader scorer would be a huge name to add to Martin's staff). Mckie values loyalty and is very loyal to Forbes and doesn't want to leave him right at the start of a new job. Maybe if timing was different but not now.

Perry Clark has been around a long long time yet he would be the 6th oldest coach in the ACC.

Listened to this over the weekend. Savage is impressive... I can see why Forbes thinks so highly of him. Has an incredible work ethic and a story that is similar to that of Forbes. Building relationships comes natural.

I suspect he'll do very well for us at Wake Forest before moving on to a head coaching job when the right offer comes along. He seemingly understands the big picture in terms of building long-term success.

I guess the Hugley and Lithuanian dudes' roles will be technically AD positions? Or not official staff? Interested to see how that works, if the Lithuanian dude is even still coming/able to come.

Also a little concerned about Starke's beard -- he needs to keep that thing trimmed or it could get out of hand and bring back bad beard S&C memories. It has ominous potential. Would not be a good vibe.

Shaved head with a beard is a pretty standard S&C look. You are not going to escape that.

He's just got to keep the beard under control, is all I'm saying. If he starts waxing it and it gets pointy like Horn's, we'll be tempting fate.

The staff is now officially official. Somehow we simply can't get away from having the son of a coach on staff.

https://godeacs.com/news/2020/6/3/m...dditions-to-wake-forest-basketball-staff.aspx

I thought the same thing, but at least Forbes' son is a more reasonable job and title for someone who is young and relatively inexperienced. Seeing Manning's son on the sidelines every game irked me because 1) he was not qualified to be there 2) he didn't seem to do anything. Regardless of how Manning justified it, it was just not a good look for him or his staff. Nepotism is rarely if ever a good idea.

Forbes' son on the other hand is a more reasonable position of video coordinator that is not as high profile and probably plays to the strengths of his kid. You know, he may know what he is doing.

Love Forbes and agree video coordinator is not exactly a high ranking role in the WF athletic department. Even so, the same criticism applies as it did with Manning (in that one area). While a minor issue in the scheme of things, just not the best look.

At the very least, Chris Forbes does actually have experience as a video guy, since he did the same job at ETSU. So he has prior work history actually doing his new job here at Wake.
That's more than the Mannings could say.

Back