• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Steve Forbes! #ForbesInTheForest #Forbest

If I'm not mistaken, Charlie Scott and Charlie Davis each went from NYC to Laurinburg to the ACC.

Just before they got there, one of the greatest players never to have made it went to Laurinburg- Earl "The Goat" Manigault.

Also Sam Jones of Celtics fame and non basketball Dizzy Gillespie of Jazz fame (with the bullfrog cheeks on trumpet).

I grew up in Laurinburg...

It's also a strong indicator that Bob Richey and Chris Jans, (regardless of any past weird behavior by Jans)are not long to still be at Furman and NMSt. At least it won't as soon as other schools begin to feel comfortable with making changes.

"I'm a one-take guy, are you kidding me?" he said. "I mean, basically I ad-libbed. Throw your mask down and let's go. 'We're going to graduate our guys.' Come on, I graduated third in my class. There was only 32 people, granted, but I can remember a line or two. It didn't take me long. What they did find out with me: the more takes we did, they said, 'Nah, just let him talk."

How many times has Dick Vitale mentioned Wake in the last 10 years? Maybe once a year at most?

When was the last time any of us were as pumped for the next basketball season as they are now ?

How many times has Dick Vitale mentioned Wake in the last 10 years? Maybe once a year at most?

I'd have to check the google machine but how many games did wake play duke on tv?

at least Vitale has been demoted and doesn't do the marquee games anymore, so fewer Duke games (I assume?)

Back