• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With what's left out there for transfer, I hope we don't sign anyone for more than one year.

If Dieng is that good at U16, unless he's graduating HS early, he's not going to college. He looks like he'll be a lottery pick.

Dorsey has a 4* list but is rated 3* on recruiting sites. Who likes him is more important than his ranking this year.

Dorsey has a 4* list but is rated 3* on recruiting sites. Who likes him is more important than his ranking this year.

Hadn’t thought of it that way, but you’re right.
Don’t make a habit of it, it’ll ruin your rep.

Recruiting strategy obviously varies from school to school. To satisfy my curiosity as to how Forbes compares to other conference coaches I checked Verbal Commits for the Class of 2021. He's made a lot of offers in a short time, but not out of line relatively speaking. Here's where things stand in the ACC (2021 openings/open offers):
BC: 7/4
CU: 4/20
Dook: 3/7
FSU: 1/22
GT: 5/28
UL: 3/24
UM: 7/20
NCSU: 2/11
UNC: 3/8
ND: 3/1
Pitt: 2/14
Syr.: 2/8
UVa: 3/10
VT: 5/46
WF; 5/14

The conclusions to be drawn are unclear, other than some schools do select rather than recruit. The VT numbers likely reflect offers made by Buzz before he left and they may not be "commitable" offers (same may be true with Wake). It will be interesting to track the changes over the next few months.

Recruiting strategy obviously varies from school to school. To satisfy my curiosity as to how Forbes compares to other conference coaches I checked Verbal Commits for the Class of 2021. He's made a lot of offers in a short time, but not out of line relatively speaking. Here's where things stand in the ACC (2021 openings/open offers):
BC: 7/4
CU: 4/20
Dook: 3/7
FSU: 1/22
GT: 5/28
UL: 3/24
UM: 7/20
NCSU: 2/11
UNC: 3/8
ND: 3/1
Pitt: 2/14
Syr.: 2/8
UVa: 3/10
VT: 5/46
WF; 5/14

The conclusions to be drawn are unclear, other than some schools do select rather than recruit. The VT numbers likely reflect offers made by Buzz before he left and they may not be "commitable" offers (same may be true with Wake). It will be interesting to track the changes over the next few months.

Wow! VT with 46 offers... I f I’m a recruit I see that as disingenuous. Nd with one offer to me is proof that Brey gave up on hoops and is a full time bar hopper.

Wow! VT with 46 offers... I f I’m a recruit I see that as disingenuous. Nd with one offer to me is proof that Brey gave up on hoops and is a full time bar hopper.

Or the school truly cares about academics and makes him get them approved before he offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back