• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed Aminu Mohammed. He is ranked #13. Good position to be Forbes first McDonald's All-American if he commits.

"Evans: If you have been following my work of late, you know that I’m a believer in Florida’s Alex Fudge. The ideal small ball power forward that has continued to grow but remains as athletic as ever, I have said in the past that he reminds me of the 2021 version of Larry Nance Jr. and I am not sure that I am too far off. While we are ahead of others with our ranking of Fudge, I actually think that we may still have him too low. Coaches recruiting Fudge understand how good he really is and if there is one prospect that isn’t a five-star at this time but will be before we put to bed the final 2021 Rivals150, I think it could be Fudge.

McDonald: D’Marco Dunn made a big jump from unranked to No. 78 overall at this update and I think it’s more than justified. He started causing a ton of buzz late during the high school season with his lights out jump shot and ability to score the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if he continues to trend upward over the next year."

Rivals updates their rankings yesterday. A lot of Forbes offers made big jumps in the rankings. Josh Farmer who claimed an offer from Childress tonight jumped from unranked two star to #109. Alex Fudge is now #37. Roosevelt Wheeler is #39. Angelo Brizzi jumped up to #118. Josh Beadle is #110. Jordan Hawkins is #50. Carter Whitt is #63. John Butler is #64. Brandon Weston is #76. D'Marco Dunn is #78. John Camden is #84. Game Witzner is #112. Lucas Taylor is #132. Robert McCray is #135. Cesare Edwards is #145. Sam Ayomide is #146.

I probably missed some.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2021

Forbes isn't a moron. That's the sweet spot we need to be recruiting in and what we've been missing for some time now.

Manning seemingly ignored that sweet spot and either offered Top 20 players hoping they (or their parents) would fall in love with his name, or guys ranked so low that we were often their best offer and didn't take much convincing. Forbes will build a team in the 40-150 range, win some games and hang around in the Top 30 national rankings, and then supplement with the occasional Top 25 type player(s) to make some big runs into the Top 10. With some luck, maybe even jump up into the top tier of the ACC as some of the hall of famers start retiring. If Forbes can land a '21 class from that group above, this turnaround won't take too long.

I think going after tall wings definitely shows that Forbes isn't afraid to adapt/evolve, and probably has a lot to do with being in the ACC now. He had NO tall wings this last year at ETSU. Tallest rotation guys were N'Guessan, who's a poor man's Sarr, and then Hugley and Rodriguez, who weren't perimeter players at all, really, more banger type garbage guys (though good). Then it was 6'5" and below.

Also your roster can be mostly comprised the players in the 50 to 150 range and still have say three roster spots for project lower-rated players that you think might be underrated

Also your roster can be mostly comprised the players in the 50 to 150 range and still have say three roster spots for project lower-rated players that you think might be underrated

Someone has to be the 11th-13th player. Take a shot or two once your core rotation is set.

VDH not even top 150, but I like the look of him and I think it's good to lock in some regional dudes, especially early, which is why I like him and McCray/Edwards as those mid-ranked guys who are coming on/developing and may escape the blue bloods' gaze.

Yeah. I never noticed it before, but we have some truly dumb fucking fans for a school that presumably prides itself on producing smart alumni. Graham is going to be a 4-star recruit, Top-150 caliber recruit if there is HS basketball this season. I'm glad we were the third high major to offer him (after Rutgers and Maryland).

Oh, fuck off. We can disagree about a prospect without this "dumb fucking fans" bullshit. Here's what I see with Graham: a good athlete without elite explosiveness or quickness, and a lot of points off post/midrange moves and offensive rebounds against smaller players. It does look like he hit 44% of his threes last high school season (https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/nicolet-knights-(glendale,wi)/basketball/stats.htm), which surprised me, so I probably undervalued him there. I could very well be wrong about him.

I may not have thrown up 23,000 posts on this board, but I've been around this and the Scout board for a long time, and Wake's basketball program was a big part of the reason I came to the school. Save your dumb fucking fans comments for someone else.

VDH not even top 150, but I like the look of him and I think it's good to lock in some regional dudes, especially early, which is why I like him and McCray/Edwards as those mid-ranked guys who are coming on/developing and may escape the blue bloods' gaze.

His eval is interesting. Evan Daniels loves him over on 24/7 and he’s in the top 80 nationally there. His offer list recently supports that too.

Oh, fuck off. We can disagree about a prospect without this "dumb fucking fans" bullshit. Here's what I see with Graham: a good athlete without elite explosiveness or quickness, and a lot of points off post/midrange moves and offensive rebounds against smaller players. It does look like he hit 44% of his threes last high school season (https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/nicolet-knights-(glendale,wi)/basketball/stats.htm), which surprised me, so I probably undervalued him there. I could very well be wrong about him.

I may not have thrown up 23,000 posts on this board, but I've been around this and the Scout board for a long time, and Wake's basketball program was a big part of the reason I came to the school. Save your dumb fucking fans comments for someone else.

I was pretty clearly talking about DunkinDeacon, man. Chill.

With a handful of exceptions, all of Forbes's unranked offers cracked the Rivals Top-150. It seems like the dude knows what he's doing.

Henderson's rating is on him mostly being a 6'3 SG not 6'10 positionless player. There was no Spring AAU circuit for him to be seen.

A short blurb here on Graham from Corey Evans at Rivals - https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...eftovers-michael-foster-michigan-st-ucla-more - also pasted in below

"The Spartans just offered James Graham, an emerging forward from Wisconsin, and are heavily involved for Charles Bediako, but I am not sure if they will land either. Florida State is my prediction for Graham..."

For what it's worth, Graham is Rivals' #27 Power Forward. The top 26 Power Forwards are in their top 150 (#26 PF is #144 overall). So, Graham is probably somewhere between #150 and #160 overall.

VDH is their #40 PF, so guess he would be somewhere around #200-#225 - seems low from his videos, but like TITSW said, Daniels really likes him.

This year's rankings will likely be the most inaccurate in the internet era of recruiting.

Van Der Heijden is #144 on 247.

The most encouraging aspect of Forbes recruiting is his identification of and offers to players on the rise. With the exception of Sam Ayomide, every Wake recruit ranked #100-150 is new to the Rivals list. So is D'marco Dunn at #78. That's not coincidence. I suspect some of them will continue to rise into the Top 100. Four or five recruits from that group alone would be a strong first step toward improving the basketball program.

A recurring message recruits are hearing from Forbes is his intention to win immediately. There is no rebuilding process. They like that message. So do I.

The most encouraging aspect of Forbes recruiting is his identification of and offers to players on the rise. With the exception of Sam Ayomide, every Wake recruit ranked #100-150 is new to the Rivals list. So is D'marco Dunn at #78. That's not coincidence. I suspect some of them will continue to rise into the Top 100. Four or five recruits from that group alone would be a strong first step toward improving the basketball program.

A recurring message recruits are hearing from Forbes is his intention to win immediately. There is no rebuilding process. They like that message. So do I.

Once they commit to Wake, their rankings will tank.

No, he’s 77th on 24/7. You are looking at composite, which combines with other recruiting sites such as rivals.

Anyone can offer these guys (see Manning). I'll get excited when Forbes lands his initial targets and not backups. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back