• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was one of Manning's last offers apparently. #39 in the 2022 class for Rivals.

In a few years our starting QB could be Santino Marucci and our starting point guard could be Angelo Brizzi. Fuhgettaboutit!!

Rivals saying our top competition for Gabe Wiznitzer in '21 right now is Providence, Iowa, and VT. I like those odds. Give me Brizzi, Mohammed, van der Heijden, Graham, and Wiznitzer for a Forbes Fab 5.

Rivals saying our top competition for Gabe Wiznitzer in '21 right now is Providence, Iowa, and VT. I like those odds. Give me Brizzi, Mohammed, van der Heijden, Graham, and Wiznitzer for a Forbes Fab 5.
I'd also be fine if WF could get Will Henderson in place of van der Heijden. A talented 6'10" wing excites me. Reminds me of when WF was putting Big E, Levy, and Danelius out there.

I'd also be fine if WF could get Will Henderson in place of van der Heijden. A talented 6'10" wing excites me. Reminds me of when WF was putting Big E, Levy, and Danelius out there.

Right now, van der Heijden is better as a wing player. More fluid handles, better passer, better shooter, faster lateral quickness. All things you want in 3. Henderson has potential but probably would be best as a stretch 4, assuming he improves his shooting. I wouldn't mind Henderson at all, but Graham and van der Heijden look less developmental and more ready to contribute immediately.

Right now, van der Heijden is better as a wing player. More fluid handles, better passer, better shooter, faster lateral quickness. All things you want in 3. Henderson has potential but probably would be best as a stretch 4, assuming he improves his shooting. I wouldn't mind Henderson at all, but Graham and van der Heijden look less developmental and more ready to contribute immediately.
True, but I think Henderson has the higher ceiling long term and would benefit the team a lot while being able to play multiple spots on the roster. And then I'd take Graham over VDH of those two, but both are very good players.

If it's not exactly evident yet, I'm not really constraining myself to specific positions/roles on the team given where the game is moving, especially given the potential motion/fluid positional offense that Forbes ran last season.

I'm sticking with my original four + Aminu even after these new Jamie Shaw videos. I don't know, could just be some Jamie Shaw-lash, some Jamie-fatigue, but the initial feeling I had from Henderson/Graham/Mading, even Taylor, did not get the juices flowing like my dudes McCray, Brizzi, VDH, and Cesare. +Aminu. All super intriguing though, and I'm not gonna get picky.

He also probably won't decide for another 8 months now.

We're meeting with a bunch of top prospects today over Zoom including Weston. Moves like that make me impressed with Forbes, so far.

We're meeting with a bunch of top prospects today over Zoom including Weston. Moves like that make me impressed with Forbes, so far.

The fact that Forbes is meeting with Weston perhaps shows that WF didn't burn its bridges with the Watson/Sutton/LOI release drama.

The fact that Forbes is meeting with Weston perhaps shows that WF didn't burn its bridges with the Watson/Sutton/LOI release drama.

Either that or that he wants to apologize to the kid and his family directly in the case that it did burn the bridge. Forbes sounds like a mensch.

I really like Graham but the way he talks about the Big10 schools tells me its unlikely he ends up at Wake. VDH and Will Hendo will be just fine though.

Forbes needs one big recruit to commit and get the momentum rolling.

Big E, Levy and Danelius........that was a good group.
And let’s not forget Mama Big E, who had 42 rebounds in a game IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back