• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wake Forest name has been out there w/ Manning offering a number of highly ranked players... The problem is that the Wake Forest name has been shit for a few years now.

When I looked on 24/7 the other day, I think I saw that Manning had made over 40 offers for the '20 class.

We have new blood. A guy who has been responsible for recruiting a number of pros. It doesn't hurt anything and shows it's a new era at Wake.

There's no downside.

I don’t think this guy is focusing on rankings like we are. He says he goes with his evaluations and doesn’t give two shits what the rankings say. If he sees a player he likes, it’s clear that he’s going to reach out and give him an offer.

All of these guys look like ACC caliber players, especially under some guidance. I don’t understand why some people think we aren’t getting what’s best. I think they’re going after guys they can win with immediately. They’re not trying to build blocks, they’re trying to win ASAP. He’s said all of that, not me.

There's no downside. It's free PR and we may get lucky.

IIRC, Forbes stated that Clawson was very informative regarding recruiting and development at Wake and that they had some similar beliefs. Keep in mind Wake has been a big loser for ten years and it may require Forbes to demonstrate his ability at Wake before top recruits buy what he is selling.

The Wake Forest name has been out there w/ Manning offering a number of highly ranked players... The problem is that the Wake Forest name has been shit for a few years now.

When I looked on 24/7 the other day, I think I saw that Manning had made over 40 offers for the '20 class.

Yeah making offers to top players wasn’t Mannequin’s problem. Landing them and retaining them was.

Manning made more final fives than anyone in the acc!

Yeah making offers to top players wasn’t Mannequin’s problem. Landing them and retaining them was.

Don't forget coaching them and helping them improve their games. Wasn't too hot at that either.

I look at what Chris Beard did/is doing at Texas Tech and I think Forbes is following that trajectory. Beard’s first recruiting class in 2017 was ranked 39th and included 6 players. One 4-star (Davide Moretti, ranked 98th) and the rest were 3-stars (including Zaire Smith, ranked 194, and Jarrett Culver, ranked 312). Since then his recruiting classes have ranked 33rd, 16th, and 11th nationally. He recruited to his system and found under the radar guys. Success came then the bigger recruits followed. That’s my hope here.

I look at what Chris Beard did/is doing at Texas Tech and I think Forbes is following that trajectory. Beard’s first recruiting class in 2017 was ranked 39th and included 6 players. One 4-star (Davide Moretti, ranked 98th) and the rest were 3-stars (including Zaire Smith, ranked 194, and Jarrett Culver, ranked 312). Since then his recruiting classes have ranked 33rd, 16th, and 11th nationally. He recruited to his system and found under the radar guys. Success came then the bigger recruits followed. That’s my hope here.

Yeah, while this is probably an absolute best-case scenario, this is my hope as well and I think Forbes has the recruiting and coaching acumen to pull it off.

This is good...way to go!

RE: Levy- I watching a Duke/Wake game with a non-Wake buddy. Right around halftime, he looked at me and asked, "Does the skinny cover everybody?"

Rivals has him listed at 7', #59. He has offers from FL, TN, Baylor, Clemson, GT.

Sounds like a candidate for the buffet line. At least three trips per meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back