• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extent to which Danny Manning fucked us on the way out is astounding. Some folks on here will blame recruiting rankings, but the guy just recruited like he didn't give a fuck.

Hearing Neath is probably gone. USC or BYU.

Can't seem him at BYU, but that's just me.

Man we really need Coach Forbes to flex his recruiting savvy in this instance. Unless we can snag a GT, do we really want an incoming frosh running point from Day 1? No offense to Marcus Watson, but Neath has serious game and you would think Forbes could convince him with essentially a de facto guarantee of starting for not just one year, but probably two, if not all three.

Hopefully we'll know either way sooner than later so Forbes can tweak his strategy a bit based on what he has and doesn't have \ or won't have. Neath could be a selling point for a potential big man like Bryce Harris who would probably feel better with some experience in the backcourt as well as getting to play with the same PG for at least 2 years. (Apologies was thinking Harris might be one to re-classify but conflated him with that Weston kid I think).

I know Neath has some work to do on his outside game, but I really like his upside and I remain hopeful Stone Cold can reel him in, until we find out he can't.

Get 'er done son.

You're so right. Neath only shot 48% on threes.

Quoi? Really? Well pardonez-moi for not remembering anything about last year as I barely watched any games. I thought Neath had issues with shooting form out of HS but perhaps not?

How many attempts? 25?

25 attempts. Small sample size. He also shot 58% on FTs, so I wouldn't yet mark him down as a knock-down shooter.

It was 25, but he made them. I hope he takes 3-4/game if he stays. He may need to take more without Sarr.

Maybe Tariq will turn into a 21st century Gil McGregor. He has the same type of body.

You're so right. Neath only shot 48% on threes.

Deceiving stat. Neath only shot 25 threes all year, and made 12; that's one made three every 2.5 games; Neath made more than one three in a game once in WF's 31 games. So, it's not like Neath established himself as an outside marksman. He was 58% from the line in 65 attempts; which is a better indicator of his shooting ability based upon the greater number of attempts. Neath does need to work on his shot. That said, would love to have him back. He can play.

https://247sports.com/Player/CarteAre-Gordon-86005/

This kid started off at St. Louis, played less than a season there, transferred to DePaul and left before playing a game, then played half a season at Northwest Florida where Forbes used to coach. Was a top 75 recruit in the class of 2018 and is still looking for a place to play next year. Haven't been able to find a ton of info on him. Seems like he has the size and skill to add some depth down low but you obviously have to question why he's been unable to stay on a team for any length of time.

Nobody on Twitter has anything good to say about him, so take that at face value.

Deceiving stat. Neath only shot 25 threes all year, and made 12; that's one made three every 2.5 games; Neath made more than one three in a game once in WF's 31 games. So, it's not like Neath established himself as an outside marksman. He was 58% from the line in 65 attempts; which is a better indicator of his shooting ability based upon the greater number of attempts. Neath does need to work on his shot. That said, would love to have him back. He can play.

But don't you use Per 36 or Per 30 minute projections?

RJ, please take it elsewhere. This is the tacked recruiting thread. Thanks.

I wonder if there is a group of 2-4 2021 Top 50-75 players that want to play together. Maybe Forbes should go for a group plan. :)

We got 7 players on scholarship right now, one good thing is Forbes can sell 21 recruits and grad transfers plenty of playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back