• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crazy thing is idc if we suck next year, i will go to games and support knowing there is hope for the future with Forbes.

I was talking about this to my dad last week. It's funny that we can be shit next year but shit with Danny means not watching or caring because I have no hope of anything getting better. Shit with Steve means unbridled rooting for the team because I want to see signs of success. There's hope! Hope makes all the difference.

What I expect regardless of talent is that we will play tougher defense than we have seen in more than a decade. Bad offensive teams can still give opponents fits on the defensive side and I fully expect that out of the gate.

Even a team without much talent can play hard, play smart, and keep games close and fun to watch.

The crazy thing is idc if we suck next year, i will go to games and support knowing there is hope for the future with Forbes.

Totally - reminds me of Clawson's first year. Those guys gave everything even against long odds (including Wolford getting repeatedly crushed) and it paid off down the road.

We got 7 players on scholarship right now, one good thing is Forbes can sell 21 recruits and grad transfers plenty of playing time.

8 if you count Wilkins, who likely has to sit one. With no new 2020 players coming in right now, Forbes is going to have to hit the grad transfer market hard. Forbes has 5 available scholarships and plenty of available playing time to offer. Hard to imagine making it through a full season w/20 game ACC schedule with 2 Fr., 1 guy coming off a torn achilles, 3 known entities, and 1 grad transfer.

There's a big difference in sucking in Year 1 and sucking in Year 6

"Here's a list of players we'll be inviting to camp..."

and

"The facts are, we lost our two best players to free agency (Sarr & Brown), we haven't won the (ACC) in over (20) years, and we haven't placed higher than (10th) in the last (10) years. Obviously, it is time for some changes."

The tough part for Forbes and staff is that there is no AAU this summer and no camps. No way to see who are the late bloomers out there. It's going to be oldish video and a lot of guess work.

I think he needs to not worry about dismantling ETSU and he needs to bring their top 6 players to WS.

I’m curious to see what our roster looks like when the season starts.

I think he needs to not worry about dismantling ETSU and he needs to bring their top 6 players to WS.

Jason Shay got the head coach job at ETSU. Don't expect any ETSU guys to follow Forbes to Wake. From what Forbes said, he won't take anyone away from Shay.

Naw. If a kid asks their new coach and he gives his blessing that's fine. Otherwise take our lumps y1 and use the honeymoon period to share the Forbes vision for the future to bring in actual ACC caliber players.

So should we root for the one year free transfer thing to pass for this season - and pass soon? Would definitely open up the possibility of more and better players available to come in and play next season.

So should we root for the one year free transfer thing to pass for this season - and pass soon? Would definitely open up the possibility of more and better players available to come in and play next season.
Yes. WF really doesn't have anyone else to lose, unless one of the guys who announced they're returning change their mind.

But then also root for it to be a one time thing because it'll almost certainly hurt WF more than it helps WF in the long term.

I was talking about this to my dad last week. It's funny that we can be shit next year but shit with Danny means not watching or caring because I have no hope of anything getting better. Shit with Steve means unbridled rooting for the team because I want to see signs of success. There's hope! Hope makes all the difference.

It’s fun to watch a team develop, I remember the year of the four freshmen(Jim Johnston’s, Guy Morgan, Alvis Rogers, snd Mike Helms). It was immensely satisfying to watch those players grow into their potential.

It’s fun to watch a team develop, I remember the year of the four freshmen(Jim Johnston’s, Guy Morgan, Alvis Rogers, snd Mike Helms). It was immensely satisfying to watch those players grow into their potential.

That is a nice thought for the 21-22 season. But it's not for the 20-21 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back