• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My lifelong state buddy texted me asking who he was.

I told him one of Danny's recruits that the new coach didnt even go after. I then joked that it was likely a package deal with DFL...and he responded that they have an assistant position open...I havn't heard from him in a couple hours..

I watched like a game and 10 minutes of another the other week and this kid can play. He's basically Chaundee.

Feel like the story before the game against Furman was that he had a family member pass away recently, too, but I don't think he's from the area, so I don't know if it would impact a waiver appeal.

He looks like a tough guy, but his three point shooting needs improvement.

It's going to be interesting to see if the one waiver rule is passed in two weeks.

Definitely should go after that kid. Also hoping Jalen Johnson, Tennessee transfer currently committed to ETSU, re enters the portal and comes to Wake. I think he would be immediately eligible, and we need bodies. He’d get to play a lot of basketball in the ACC. I hope Shay being the coach doesn’t stop Forbes from going after guys from his former school.

Fun thought. Do y’all think Clawson would let Sage play basketball, and do you think Sage would be interested? Definitely think the guy could contribute. Maybe at small forward?

If Sage is able to keep up and even improve his play this season, he'll probably be busy during most of the basketball season with draft/combine prep.

Definitely should go after that kid. Also hoping Jalen Johnson, Tennessee transfer currently committed to ETSU, re enters the portal and comes to Wake. I think he would be immediately eligible, and we need bodies. He’d get to play a lot of basketball in the ACC. I hope Shay being the coach doesn’t stop Forbes from going after guys from his former school.

Fun thought. Do y’all think Clawson would let Sage play basketball, and do you think Sage would be interested? Definitely think the guy could contribute. Maybe at small forward?

I disagree. I don’t expect anyone to agree with my perception but here it goes - imagine if Danny Manning was a competent and good basketball coach. Now, imagine him taking a job elsewhere (for whatever reason) and him actively poaching our roster (remember he’s a competent coach in this scenario). Our roster is filled with good talent, talent good enough to make the tourney. Now imagine our beloved coach Manning has endorsed a lifelong friend and assistant coach to be his successor at Wake. How would you feel about DFL poaching our roster with that in mind? I for one would be upset. Now if a player enters the portal on his own goodwill, that’s a different story.

I disagree. I don’t expect anyone to agree with my perception but here it goes - imagine if Danny Manning was a competent and good basketball coach. Now, imagine him taking a job elsewhere (for whatever reason) and him actively poaching our roster (remember he’s a competent coach in this scenario). Our roster is filled with good talent, talent good enough to make the tourney. Now imagine our beloved coach Manning has endorsed a lifelong friend and assistant coach to be his successor at Wake. How would you feel about DFL poaching our roster with that in mind? I for one would be upset. Now if a player enters the portal on his own goodwill, that’s a different story.

Go get Bo Hodges. We would love that guy.

Don't mess with Jalen Johnson, if anything, encourage him to stay at ETSU and play for Coach Shay. That's the classy thing to do.

Now if Johnson says something like: "the only reason I transferred to ETSU was to play for Coach Steve Forbes," or "I went there because I really liked coach McKie," then hell yeah, sign him up stat.

Actively poaching is one thing. A kid saying to his new head/old assistant I'd like to leave. Will you let me? Of course coach says yes. If Forbes reaches out to his friend (whom he publicly advocated for) and says do you mind? Well, that's still family all around.

If Sarr is granted a waiver why wouldn't Hodges?

If Sarr is granted a waiver, then Hodges and Wilkins won’t knowing we’re Wake Forest, and we don’t get nice things.

Really though, I will explode is Sarr gets a waiver and our guys don’t. Wilkins situation was much worse than Sarr’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back