• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take that tweet as a reminder that the lost decade has not destroyed wake basketball yet. There is a shot at resuscitation. Forbes just might be the guy that can do it. Let's GO!

I know recruiting rankings should always be taken with a grain of salt but it seems like Forbes is offering a lot more low or unranked players than he is four stars.

I know recruiting rankings should always be taken with a grain of salt but it seems like Forbes is offering a lot more low or unranked players than he is four stars.
He's trying to fill a roster with enough players to hold practice in the middle of Covod-19 and a recruiting dead period, and damn near all the 4-5 star players for 20 are committed/signed.

Looks like there are 4 4-star players who aren't committed for 2020, and only 7 in the Top 150, 13 in the Top 200:
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Last edited:
If Sage is able to keep up and even improve his play this season, he'll probably be busy during most of the basketball season with draft/combine prep.

Donovan can play some hoops. So can Zach Ranson and the 6-5 freshman TE from rural Va.

He's trying to fill a roster with enough players to hold practice in the middle of Covod-19 and a recruiting dead period, and damn near all the 4-5 star players for 20 are committed/signed.

Looks like there are 4 4-star players who aren't committed for 2020, and only 7 in the Top 150, 13 in the Top 200:
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

I was talking more about the 2021 class, obviously there's not a lot of big names left for next season. Hopefully these lower end 2021 recruits he's targeting are guys that are late bloomers or are underrated. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case given what we've heard about his ability to judge talent.

I really do hope we get like 5 or 6 ETSU guys who want to play for Forbes/Mckie in the ACC.

I was talking more about the 2021 class, obviously there's not a lot of big names left for next season. Hopefully these lower end 2021 recruits he's targeting are guys that are late bloomers or are underrated. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case given what we've heard about his ability to judge talent.
Eh, he's offering people he knows right now from ETSU...good backups and helps the kids profile to have an ACC offer. Tons of work to be done for 20 before 21 is the priority. Still getting to know the guys Manning had offered for 21 and figuring out who he can go after given the resources he now has. The fact that kids have offers doesn't mean they are guaranteed spots on the team. Offers come in all shapes and sizes and with all sorts of caveats.

Last edited:
Don't understand how James Graham III is so underrated. I really like his game. He is smooth and strong and seems to be able to do it all. I think he would have an immediate impact he went to Wake.

Apparently I drive past James Graham III's High School every time I go visit my cousins up in Wisconsin

Graham looks like a right handed Devin Thomas with shooting skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back