• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rice kid's youtube highlights show a lot of skill. At 6'8 with guard skills like that, I'd be happy to see him in black and gold.

I hope it's because he just got a call from an appealing alternative.
I hope so too, but I was more specifically speculating on why he had decided to look around some more. I'm just curious as to reopening his recruitment.

I'm super lazy and don't feel like looking, but when did he announce he was transferring to Minn.? Was it a pretty quick turnaround between commit/de-commit? Definitely curious about the whole situation, agreed.

That was the most talented overall class since Jeff Teague and James Johnson class in my opinion and Danny wasted it

Are you kidding? Wasted? [Paint Touches] parlayed that class into a 6 year fully guaranteed contract extension.

I'm super lazy and don't feel like looking, but when did he announce he was transferring to Minn.? Was it a pretty quick turnaround between commit/de-commit? Definitely curious about the whole situation, agreed.

You guys let me down, so I looked it up, and it was only four days between him committing to Minnesota and de-committing.

Anyway, I'm in on Peterson and hope that Forbes is also working the phones trying to steal more dudes who might be up in the air. Get nasty.

7bf53b4cfe7da453c0ec515254fe41d9.jpg

I looked at the transfer portal There aren't that many good players available. Our guys are definitely near or are the top.

If we get whitt, I imagine Forbes will have a lot of material for hair jokes between the two of them.

Well it looks like they are going right out and getting after it. That's cool.

Just saw on twitter Djimon Bailey has been released from his LOI. Then I saw he’s the 430th ranked recruit in his class? Lol.

Has 247 changed their system? He’s 3* but ranked 69 in the composite.

Verbal Commits has Whitt as a 2 Star with Manning having offered a year ago. Memphis has also recently offered.

Has 247 changed their system? He’s 3* but ranked 69 in the composite.

There is a composite ranking that combines rankings and a site-based ranking. Edwards is ranked #49 nationally and 4-stars according to the 247 (and Rivals); the composite ranking has him ranked as #69 nationally and 3-stars. My hunch is the star discrepancy on 247 has to do with the fact that the class is still technically two years out.

Verbal Commits has Whitt as a 2 Star with Manning having offered a year ago. Memphis has also recently offered.

He's 4-stars on 247 (#84 nationally)/Composite (#74 nationally) and Rivals (#63 nationally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back