• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddie Johnson goes to a lot of Wake games and has been a fan in the past (untli Bz and Manning) but he is a Carolina guy with Wake close behind However that being said, Freddie will direct or encourage his kids to go to the best fit for THEM regardless of the level they are at.

Thanks for the info. I don’t know the coach or his back story, but from reading about his teams, watching some highlights, and seeing how his players play in college, it is clear he’s a really good coach.

With the new coach at Wake, perhaps coach Johnson will see that Wake is an excellent fit for more of his good players.

I'd take Bryce for 2020 or 2021. Solid player from NY who reclassed from 2020 down to 2021 when he transferred to Greensboro day, but he could come in now. Wing player at 6'4 with 6'6 wingspan, about 205lbs, 32 inch vert. Can shoot at a high percentage, dunks on people, rebounds, good passer, blocks shots. Nice do it all wing.

Why does he have such a low profile among recruiting analysts? Also, his offer list looks more like a [Redacted] or later-tenure Manning recruit.

Your statement is very true, Coach Johnson comes to a great many Wake games but has not really pushed many players our way. I could never figure that out.

To be fair, GDS has only had three ACC level players in the past decade and two will be freshman this year (UVA and State) and the other is a rising junior at Clemson (he was recruited by Wake). So, not exactly prime wake years.

Newbie question from someone who disengaged during the latter Manning years - are the offers on here guys who Manning also offered, and have been re-offered by Forbes?

Newbie question from someone who disengaged during the latter Manning years - are the offers on here guys who Manning also offered, and have been re-offered by Forbes?

I'm only including Manning offers if there are reports of Forbes reaching out to them or if they have re-committed to Forbes. If you check out Verbal Commits, then you'll notice I haven't included a lot of those guys who hold Wake offers from Manning.

To be fair, GDS has only had three ACC level players in the past decade and two will be freshman this year (UVA and State) and the other is a rising junior at Clemson (he was recruited by Wake). So, not exactly prime wake years.

I would also add JP Moorman at Temple.

People thinking he will talk Brewer, Williamson or Johnson with him?

I know he mentioned family and doesn’t seem to want to be a dick but 2 of those guys have ties to Winston and the other one(Brewer) is a random transfer that probably committed heavily due to Forbes. All 3 would be good enough to warren giving a scholly to, IMO.

We need Massoud/Sarr/Neath/Ody to go ahead and tell us what they’re going to do, so Forbes has time to assemble a roster of scholarship athletes. Having said that, if anyon in that locker room deserves a scholarship it’s Sunday Okeke. Give my dude a scholly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back