• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10637554/5e73ce3b4205f80c84bb8c2c[/video]

All y'all talking about how good it feels to care again... I'm feeling really rusty but DAMN. LET'S GO!

Beadle looks like he was on ETSU's radar according to his 247 page.

At 6"3 if he made that dunk he's got some hops.

Looks a little raw but passes the mixtape test for me. Can finish through contact, knock down the outside shot and is super bouncy and quick. I bet he picks up a couple P6 offers now that Forbes offered.

I like the fact he's hitting the ground running, but only of the four offers are to Top 100 players.

He's likely offering kids he's familiar with at this point. Give him a little time and he'll begin reaching beyond etsu kids. Of course with no aau season likely who knows what happens.

Was kind of thinking that too - but, a couple of mitigating factors:

1. A surprisingly high number of top players in the class of 2021 are already committed
2. We’re likely to have a pretty big class that year, especially if more of our current guys decide not to stick around. If he’s got guys he feels good about, I say go get em

People thinking he will talk Brewer, Williamson or Johnson with him?

I know he mentioned family and doesn’t seem to want to be a dick but 2 of those guys have ties to Winston and the other one(Brewer) is a random transfer that probably committed heavily due to Forbes. All 3 would be good enough to warren giving a scholly to, IMO.

We need Massoud/Sarr/Neath/Ody to go ahead and tell us what they’re going to do, so Forbes has time to assemble a roster of scholarship athletes. Having said that, if anyon in that locker room deserves a scholarship it’s Sunday Okeke. Give my dude a scholly!

Brewer’s older brother plays at ETSU. He isn’t coming unless Forbes brings both

Was kind of thinking that too - but, a couple of mitigating factors:

1. A surprisingly high number of top players in the class of 2021 are already committed
2. We’re likely to have a pretty big class that year, especially if more of our current guys decide not to stick around. If he’s got guys he feels good about, I say go get em

I'm willing to bet the etsu recruits he's offering were ones he thought were a little out of reach or guys he thought were really underrated. He's got my trust.

He's going to be offering a ton of kids for 2021-22 until we figure out which of the players in the transfer portal are coming back and whether the holes on next season's roster are going to be filled with grad transfers, transfers who are given a waiver, or late signing freshman. As of now we have 5 open scholarships for 2021-2022 and could have as many as 8.

With that being the case, I am definitely good with Forbes offering under the radar players that he and his staff have been tracking and are comfortable with.

Beadle has ACC athleticism and can score. No AAU. No in person meetings. Forbes is in a tough situation and doing all he can.

cardinal newman used to beat our butts at ncssm

So, just bringing all these offer/interest reports into one place (also in the first post):

2021:

PG Carter Whitt (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Memphis, Ohio State, Tennessee, Virginia, Texas A&M, Florida, Iowa State, Indiana, Nebraska, Maryland, Xavier, Virginia, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Marquette, East Carolina, Boston College, Mississippi, James Madison, Middle Tennessee State, and High Point

PG Robert McCray V (3-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Winthrop, Old Dominion, Coastal Carolina, Murray State, Charleston Southern, USC Upstate, and Miles.

PG Joshua Beadle (UR: OFFERED): Wake Forest, UNC Wilmington, Furman, East Tennessee State, Charleston, Wofford, Elon, Charleston Southern, USC Upstate, North Carolina A&T, and Presbyterian.

SG Brandon Weston (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Illinois, Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Iowa State, Nebraska, St. John’s, Arizona State, Massachusetts, Alabama-Birmingham, and Saint Louis.

SG Lucas Taylor (3-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Virginia Commonwealth, Old Dominion, Appalachian State, East Carolina, UNC Wilmington, Richmond, Hofstra, Wofford, Holy Cross, and North Carolina A&T.

SF Bryce Harris (UR: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Rice, Stony Brook, UNCW, Siena, Elon, Lafayette, Howard, North Carolina A&T, Bryant, and Merrimack.

Cesare Edwards (3-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Florida, Mississippi, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Texas A&M, Xavier, Virginia Commonwealth, Charleston, Western Carolina, and Presbyterian.

PF Samuel Ayomide Onu (3-star: NO OFFER): Texas A&M, Temple, Virginia Commonwealth, and La Salle

2022:

PG BJ Edwards (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Tennessee, Georgetown, Seton Hall, South Carolina, Auburn, South Alabama, and UT Arlington

Am I missing anybody?

My snap take is that Weston, Edwards and Whitt are the best prospects by offer. McCray has some intriguing size if he's actually 6'3/6'4. Murray State offering early is a good sign since their taste in under-the-radar point guards has been outstanding as of late. The other guys seem fine, but seem more ETSU-caliber prospects imho and based on cursorily watching a few youtube clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back