• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a hell yes on McCray... His mixtapes are strong. This may sound dumb, but you can't tell he's left-handed until he pulls up for a shot. Great vision... Impressive handle w/ both hands.

Fits the profile of recruiting offense and coaching defense. Looks like a guy who doesn't need to be play the 1... Could easily slide over to the 2 (especially w/ his size).

Would be ecstatic w/ a backcourt of Whitt (or Brizzi) and McCray.

Man I’m so anxious for Forbes to land our first 2021 guy.

Neath, Williamson, McCray and Whitt can all play off the ball from what I can tell. Not sure about Adams but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him plugging some minutes at the 2.

Just checked out some more McCray tape. He’s just exciting to watch. Elite level quickness and good bounce to go with it. Sounds like he’s developed his jumper; Shot 39% from 3 this past season. Reminds me of a better Sharone Wright Jr. with a jumper.

Definitely a natural PG, but can easily slide to the 2, especially in the Forbes’ motion offense. Hope we can still bring in Whitt and make it work. I just don’t know if 5 PGs on a roster makes sense, but Forbes would know better than myself.

Alabama, Clemson and Mizzou were starting to show interest in McCray along with offers from Wake and Florida. I bet if we had AAU events the kid would of gotten way more offers and ranked top 100.

Just checked out some more McCray tape. He’s just exciting to watch. Elite level quickness and good bounce to go with it. Sounds like he’s developed his jumper; Shot 39% from 3 this past season. Reminds me of a better Sharone Wright Jr. with a jumper.

Definitely a natural PG, but can easily slide to the 2, especially in the Forbes’ motion offense. Hope we can still bring in Whitt and make it work. I just don’t know if 5 PGs on a roster makes sense, but Forbes would know better than myself.

Five is not too many if they are not bunched into one or two classes and at least three can shoot as well as distribute.

He seems to have a very good, quick first step in driving. Not necessarily that quick with the ball, otherwise. Very good outside shooter but release is a tad slow and low. (Not as low as Wright's but he will still need some adjusting to keep defenders from swatting and blocking ball when he squares up and shoots. Athletic and tall for us as a guard. See him more as a shooting wing with passing skills.

Maybe Childress is demanding to impliment the 4 guard line up since it was so successful with the previous regime.

Can anyone verify if Whitt's dad graduated from Wake and if so, when?

Whitt’s younger brother appears to be a huge Wake fan judging off his Twitter page.

Can anyone verify if Whitt's dad graduated from Wake and if so, when?

probably '88 or '89. I attended WF w/ him. Carter definitely resembles him (minus the hair). Dad had a pretty strong game back in the day as well

Played many, many pickup (and IM) games with him. Very good player.

A little concerning that he's held an offer from us as long as he has and still hasn't committed. That makes me think he's not close to a "lean". Nothing about the school he can't know due to dad....and his dad would have seen some really good teams since graduating, so he knows how it could be....that the last decade is not indicative of our previous 2....maybe his mom went to one of the other schools that have offered...😁

Last edited:
He is just getting to know Forbes and staff. Even if his dream has always been to play at Wake he is wise to make sure he connects well with them. I’m confident they are making a positive impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back