• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a future cast pick for McCray to Wake from Eric Bossi.

Not a fan of one of our top targets leaving the state, but it aligns with the little bit of info I was given a couple months back.

Do you think that may indicate a lean to BC?

No. Kids are going to prep schools because public schools can't guarantee a season. Millbrook's best big man is going to Hargrave. You'll see this a lot this year as top players want to go somewhere they have a chance to play a competitive season.

Do you think that may indicate a lean to BC?

Not necessarily. Netflix post makes sense.

I don't have a WF source who told me he was leaning out of state. It was just a guy who sees him occasionally when Carter drops in his business in Raleigh.

I'm starting to feel good about our chances with him based off of nothing but posts I'm reading elsewhere. McCray and Whitt would be a HELL OF A backcourt for 2021.

Not necessarily. Netflix post makes sense.

I don't have a WF source who told me he was leaning out of state. It was just a guy who sees him occasionally when Carter drops in his business in Raleigh.

I'm starting to feel good about our chances with him based off of nothing but posts I'm reading elsewhere. McCray and Whitt would be a HELL OF A backcourt for 2021.
I agree, Whitt is a pure PG. McCray can play off ball pretty well. You take both and dont look back. that would be a hell of a combo.

I'd include Brizzi with Whitt and McCray. The range on his shooting ability is elite. Two of those three would be outstanding.

Oof! Maybe in HS, but J.Gray was a straight up assassin as a 2. I don’t recall the switch to the 1 going too well.

For those who have seen more video or in-person analysis, which of the 3 (McCray, Whitt, Brizzi) would you say is the best shooter?

BTW, Whitt has a higher rating than Brizzi and, IMO, a slightly better offer list.

Last edited:
Oof! Maybe in HS, but J.Gray was a straight up assassin as a 2. I don’t recall the switch to the 1 going too well.

This has been discussed multiple times. Basically he was forced to play pg as a sr after cp3 left. He was solid in the role but not great. That whole team seemed a bit shell shocked playing without cp3. They finally began to put it together a little very late in the season winning 2 in the acc tourney before a tough out to duke. Chris Ellis in particular turned it up in the acc's.

J. Gray played PG at Oak Hill. He backed up Downey his freshman year. He had the misfortune of the NCAA deciding to emphasize palming the ball as a PG his senior year, so his turnovers increased dramatically during the OOC schedule. That probably led to Prosser's attempt to use Harvey Hale and Joe Dukes at PG. Neither Hale or Dukes were capable ACC guards much less PGs.

The team was short on guards that year. Paul left early, Downey graduated and Richard Joyce quit BB to concentrate on academics. That left Prosser with Gray and Strickland.

For those who have seen more video or in-person analysis, which of the 3 (McCray, Whitt, Brizzi) would you say is the best shooter?

BTW, Whitt has a higher rating than Brizzi and, IMO, a slightly better offer list.

Brizzi. He has NBA range today.

J. Gray played PG at Oak Hill. He backed up Downey his freshman year. He had the misfortune of the NCAA deciding to emphasize palming the ball as a PG his senior year, so his turnovers increased dramatically during the OOC schedule. That probably led to Prosser's attempt to use Harvey Hale and Joe Dukes at PG. Neither Hale or Dukes were capable ACC guards much less PGs.

The team was short on guards that year. Paul left early, Downey graduated and Richard Joyce quit BB to concentrate on academics.. That left Prosser with Gray and Strickland.

I have no recollection of that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back