• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommendations for Forbes to encourage Student and Community Involvement

He should really try to go to the Final Four, everyone would love him!

Target the most influential students on campus (presidents of SG, other orgs, frats etc.) and get them on board

Shuttle is tricky with so many games but it would definitely increase attendance - At least for the first half

Not a joke post; quite serious:
How about, if any of these ideas work for the Joel, let's try them across the street at Groves?
Surely some of these ideas would cross-sport transfer?

God I can’t wait for DR to derail this entire thread yammering about how an on campus arena would make it easier for students to go to home games.

God I can’t wait for DR to derail this entire thread yammering about how an on campus arena would make it easier for students to go to home games.

LOL. It's coming in......... 3....2.....1...... The funny part is I agree with him on a lot of it.

Two words: hot tub.

Like at the ballparks, where they have pools in centerfield. We could have a hot tub.

Two words: hot tub.

Like at the ballparks, where they have pools in centerfield. We could have a hot tub.

They had that for a women’s game in the Annex I think it ‘98.

Skip also did a nice job of really publicly supporting football all Fall and showing up to other events with his team. Also, the year we had Midnight Madness with Stuart Scott (RIP) was awesome to hype everyone up.

Skip did so many small things that meant so much. We had dozens camped out across from the Joel before the Duke game and he showed up quietly with pizza, handed it to one person, and drove off. Would regularly just drop Krispy Kreme off in lounges in academic buildings or stop and chat for a few minutes if he saw you on campus. That kind of thing, the feeling that coach is part of the community, is all it takes.

If you win they will come. No gimmicks needed. No students needed. The city of Winston supported Wake in the 90s and early 00s and would do it again.

Back