• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommendations for Forbes to encourage Student and Community Involvement

91deac

Richard Joyce
Reaction score
Coach Forbes requested ideas on how to get the students and community back involved in Wake Forest basketball. Post your ideas here:\

- I always loved Skip's comment 'see you on the quad (rolling) after the game'.

- Didn't Skip regularly buy pizzas for the students

- Grobe just made himself available - always being on campus.

Coach Forbes requested ideas on how to get the students and community back involved in Wake Forest basketball. Post your ideas here:\

During the campout games, Skip and the team would always roll out to the Joel at around 9-10 pm with a shit ton of pizzas for everyone.

During the campout games, Skip and the team would always roll out to the Joel at around 9-10 pm with a shit ton of pizzas for everyone.
Let's add a taco truck.
Believe me, some booster ponies up for that and they'll be a Legend.

I like his approach to listen to the students for ideas. Not what us old assholes would have liked. Listening is the most important thing.

If he just keeps being himself that ought to do it

Get the students to have a head shaving contest.

Recommendations #1-10 -

Don't pay any attention to 2&2.

Skip also did a nice job of really publicly supporting football all Fall and showing up to other events with his team. Also, the year we had Midnight Madness with Stuart Scott (RIP) was awesome to hype everyone up.

It won't take much. That 30 second video and talk of Putters is the most pumped I've been in a long time.

Back