• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommendations for Forbes to encourage Student and Community Involvement

I’m a rising junior. Forbes has set up a WebEx call for students to register and join on Friday, I got an email about it from the university since I’m in the deacon club or whatever. We were able to write a question for Forbes when we registered and they’re encouraging us to send the meeting info out to more students. Forbes definitely seems dedicated to getting students and fans back involved and hopefully those efforts and better basketball will get students back at games like I always see in YouTube videos from the 2000s

I’m a rising junior. Forbes has set up a WebEx call for students to register and join on Friday, I got an email about it from the university since I’m in the deacon club or whatever. We were able to write a question for Forbes when we registered and they’re encouraging us to send the meeting info out to more students. Forbes definitely seems dedicated to getting students and fans back involved and hopefully those efforts and better basketball will get students back at games like I always see in YouTube videos from the 2000s

Take a drink every time he says "paint touches."

So how was it?

Conor

Sign into your alias on here and let us know what tweet Wake made you delete.

Or if someone saw it while it was up...

based on this tweet it sounds like Forbes said something spicy about an in state rival and Wake didn't want it getting publicized.

Think Clawson said something like “App State thinks they’re the best team in the state, but we know we’re the best team in the state”

Think Clawson said something like “App State thinks they’re the best team in the state, but we know we’re the best team in the state”

super lame if Wake's AD/SID insisted on that quote coming down off twitter.

A little bit lame, but not as much, would be Clawson himself requesting that the quote stay in the meeting. I could see him being the type to not want to give his opponents any possible edge, including in giving them bulletin board quotes

Conor

Sign into your alias on here and let us know what tweet Wake made you delete.

Or if someone saw it while it was up...

You mean the least-incendiary football quote ever that wasn't supposed to be public even though the university promoted a live stream link?

"Dave Clawson on home opener against App State, scheduled for Sept. 11:

They think they're the best program in the state. We know we're the best program in the state."

You mean the least-incendiary football quote ever that wasn't supposed to be public even though the university promoted a live stream link?

"Dave Clawson on home opener against App State, scheduled for Sept. 11:

They think they're the best program in the state. We know we're the best program in the state."

You were able to view the stream? Didn’t seem to be working for me at all at ANY point. The people who were running it seemingly had no clue what they were doing. Will the stream be made available within the next day or two? I thought they said they were going to release it to the public.

If Wake forced that quote to be taken down, Forbes should just quit tomorrow.

A ridiculous quote to be concerned about.

Pump that rivalry! LET'S GO!

You were able to view the stream? Didn’t seem to be working for me at all at ANY point. The people who were running it seemingly had no clue what they were doing. Will the stream be made available within the next day or two? I thought they said they were going to release it to the public.

I'm going to post some of what Forbes told the students because some of it is worth knowing. It's not earth-shattering, just useful, I think. He's obviously engaging and entertaining as an interview.

Basically, the live stream never worked. I had call-in info as a backup, which I used. "The event was touted as a public event and open to fans, so what's the harm in listening and doing a story off what gets said," was my line of thought. As the tweets from what was said in the first 20 minutes are still up, you can see there was no issue taken with them.

Ten minutes after the Clawson quote was tweeted, I get a call from the new head of the SID office telling me "the goal of that was to fire students up. That’s not public … and (Clawson) doesn’t really want that out there publicly." Also included, after I asked "so we were told we'd get a copy of the recording, but we can't use any of that on the record?", that "it was just kind of like, Hey guys, this is what we’re doing with students, just to let you guys in a little bit."

I have my own theories about how likely it was that the "technical difficulties" with the live stream were legit or if somebody pulled the plug on giving public access, and I'm not sure I'll ever have a legit explanation. To me, one of two things happened: Either somebody fucked up and the event was never supposed to be advertised as a public event, or somebody fucked up and didn't tell Clawson it was going to be made available for media.

About 30 minutes after it ended, Les and I were sent an email from an SID (not the one who called) telling us "I was made aware this was specifically a private event only for Wake Forest students who signed up for the call. With that being said, we will only be using video from this event internally and will not be able to share with you. My apologies for the miscommunication on my part earlier."

I asked, "Why was the live stream link promoted on the social media channels?" -- The response was: "I personally do not have an answer to that question."

So, cheers to transparency.

If I can say one piece: I don't want to have to bitch about this shit publicly, like today or like the Currie interview stuff last month. But there's a fundamental lack of communication and it seems like the only way to be heard about these things is to be a little bitch about it on Twitter. Honestly, it sucks.

I'm going to post some of what Forbes told the students because some of it is worth knowing. It's not earth-shattering, just useful, I think. He's obviously engaging and entertaining as an interview.

Basically, the live stream never worked. I had call-in info as a backup, which I used. "The event was touted as a public event and open to fans, so what's the harm in listening and doing a story off what gets said," was my line of thought. As the tweets from what was said in the first 20 minutes are still up, you can see there was no issue taken with them.

Ten minutes after the Clawson quote was tweeted, I get a call from the new head of the SID office telling me "the goal of that was to fire students up. That’s not public … and (Clawson) doesn’t really want that out there publicly." Also included, after I asked "so we were told we'd get a copy of the recording, but we can't use any of that on the record?", that "it was just kind of like, Hey guys, this is what we’re doing with students, just to let you guys in a little bit."

I have my own theories about how likely it was that the "technical difficulties" with the live stream were legit or if somebody pulled the plug on giving public access, and I'm not sure I'll ever have a legit explanation. To me, one of two things happened: Either somebody fucked up and the event was never supposed to be advertised as a public event, or somebody fucked up and didn't tell Clawson it was going to be made available for media.

About 30 minutes after it ended, Les and I were sent an email from an SID (not the one who called) telling us "I was made aware this was specifically a private event only for Wake Forest students who signed up for the call. With that being said, we will only be using video from this event internally and will not be able to share with you. My apologies for the miscommunication on my part earlier."

I asked, "Why was the live stream link promoted on the social media channels?" -- The response was: "I personally do not have an answer to that question."

If I can say one piece: I don't want to have to bitch about this shit publicly, like today or like the Currie interview stuff last month. But there's a fundamental lack of communication and it seems like the only way to be heard about these things is to be a little bitch about it on Twitter. Honestly, it sucks.
It sounds like the SID is a complete clusterfuck now.
Not encouraging.

Forbes and Clawson should be able to have a students only event... They could be more animated, without being on the official record.

I also think the SID should be more organized and be more effective communicators to Conor and Les

Forbes and Clawson should be able to have a students only event... They could be more animated, without being on the official record.

I also think the SID should be more organized and be more effective communicators to Conor and Les
Agree. No problem with the student only event. I think it's actually a great idea. But the handling of this event from the SID side of things was pretty awful, but I guess that's what you get with numerous SID staffers seemingly either fired, replaced or furloughed.

Conor is great. Honest and real. We are lucky to have him.

Back