• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crap Candidate Biden says

So we’re assuming the contribution was just sitting under a mattress?

True, but how much of his earned income is a direct result of the $25T of debt his generation has run up on our national credit card?

True, but how much of his earned income is a direct result of the $25T of debt his generation has run up on our national credit card?

Totally false. SS has been operating at a surplus for almost all of those years.

BTW, "The Social Security Trust Fund and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund: $2.89 trillion". To put that in perspective the Social Security Trust Fund holds more US Treasury bonds than China, Japan and UK COMBINED.

SSTF deosn't create debt. It funds the US government, https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

Like most of your assertions, you are wrong about this.

Totally false. SS has been operating at a surplus for almost all of those years.

BTW, "The Social Security Trust Fund and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund: $2.89 trillion". To put that in perspective the Social Security Trust Fund holds more US Treasury bonds than China, Japan and UK COMBINED.

SSTF deosn't create debt. It funds the US government, https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

Like most of your assertions, you are wrong about this.

OK, cool. That doesn't respond to anything in my post.

I was asking how much of the $25T national debt is Pops responsible for. Because the only reason a lot of Boomers have jobs and/or retirement accounts is because the government bailed them out and put the cost of the bailout on the national tab. That should be subtracted from what "he is owed"

OK, cool. That doesn't respond to anything in my post.

I was asking how much of the $25T national debt is Pops responsible for. Because the only reason a lot of Boomers have jobs and/or retirement accounts is because the government bailed them out and put the cost of the bailout on the national tab. That should be subtracted from what "he is owed"

The person most responsible for this debt is a non-boomer- Ronald Reagan. Before him, having significant deficits were a no-no.

BTW, two Dem Boomers are most responsible for eliminating and cutting deficits dramatically. Clinton turned the largest deficits in history (at that point) into surpluses. Obama cut W's deficits by 2/3. So. boomers were actually fiscally responsible.

Again, you are mistaken.

The person most responsible for this debt is a non-boomer- Ronald Reagan. Before him, having significant deficits were a no-no.

BTW, two Dem Boomers are most responsible for eliminating and cutting deficits dramatically. Clinton turned the largest deficits in history (at that point) into surpluses. Obama cut W's deficits by 2/3. So. boomers were actually fiscally responsible.

Again, you are mistaken.

Your decaying boomer brain is really not getting this

Pops claims he's "earned" a certain amount of SS. I'm trying to figure out how much of that money comes from government debt, and then I would like to subtract that number from what he's owed. Because without the government forking out trillions his career earnings (and therefore SS payments) would most likely be substantially less.

Do you think it is fair for boomers to leave younger generations with trillions in debt, without having to cover some of the costs? I say subtract it from your SS benefit. Or we can just cut you off completely once you'd exhausted "your share".

RJ your parents paid 2-3x the tax rate than you do, and they generally had far less. All so that you and your peers wouldn't be stuck with the debt from the Depression and World Wars.

Why are Boomers so selfish?

Being in a swing state and having that opinion of Trump, your duty is to hold your nose and vote for Biden. Any vote not for Biden (or non-vote) directly benefits Trump. There's no way around this.

Yeah, not going to happen.

You should. If Biden > Trump in your eyes, do it.

For those 65+ that are not sacrificed to “the economy,” Trump will try to cut Medicare and SS next term.

Your decaying boomer brain is really not getting this

Pops claims he's "earned" a certain amount of SS. I'm trying to figure out how much of that money comes from government debt, and then I would like to subtract that number from what he's owed. Because without the government forking out trillions his career earnings (and therefore SS payments) would most likely be substantially less.

Do you think it is fair for boomers to leave younger generations with trillions in debt, without having to cover some of the costs? I say subtract it from your SS benefit. Or we can just cut you off completely once you'd exhausted "your share".

You need to change your party affiliation. You are parroting the GOP points over and over again.

Should we send you a MAGA hat?

You should. If Biden > Trump in your eyes, do it.

For those 65+ that are not sacrificed to “the economy,” Trump will try to cut Medicare and SS next term.

Hahaha like they would ever cut the Medicare and SS of the I got mine fuck you generation, it will be cuts for anyone under 50.

You need to change your party affiliation. You are parroting the GOP points over and over again.

Over and over again? Maybe you missed my last couple of posts where I advocated for raising taxes significantly, something your generation has refused to do out of individual greed.

But maybe you're right the Democratic Party is no longer a party of progressivism and change. Its the status quo party that doesn't give a fuck about the poor and disadvantaged. Just staying in power and keeping taxes low. Gotta protect corporate profits. I guess I should leave.

And this is why Dems lose elections. Right here. The RJs of the world.

Or that people of Brasky's generation are too lazy to even vote from their couches, but still cry about having no power.

Now don't get nasty. I paid you a compliment today. Don't let be another year before I do it again.

Dem vs. Rep is a myth. Both parties are basically the same.

Its working class vs. corporate class, always has been, always will be

And increasingly its old vs. young. Boomers aren't content with stealing one generation's wealth, now they want their grandkid's too.

Or that people of Brasky's generation are too lazy to even vote from their couches, but still cry about having no power.

Millennials and Generation Z vote at a higher rate than Boomers did when they were the same age.

Back