• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's political-1947 NYC vaccinated 6M in <1 month -Lin Wood says he's 2nd coming

The WH Press Secretary said that the decision about opening schools will not be based on science...NICE!!!

The conscience of the Congress and possibly of our nation has passed from cancer.

A quiet giant who made our nation a better place.

He will be missed.

RIP

I was twelve when John Lewis got bludgeoned on the Edmund Pettus and couldn't understand the violence just as I was traumatized by Bull Connor turning hoses on children my age.

We watched the March on Washington as a family. Honestly, it wasn't until a few years later, in high school that studied Lewis' speech that day.

Although nonviolence was his life, he was very fiery.

He was fifteen or sixteen when he first met MLK and set on his life's path.

If he could do that then, young people can change America today.

If the Governor of Alabama had a scintilla of a moral compass and a shred of John Lewis' courage, on Monday, she would take down the name Edmund Pettus Bridge and have it replaced as the John Lewis Memorial Bridge.

If the Governor of Alabama had a scintilla of a moral compass and a shred of John Lewis' courage, on Monday, she would take down the name Edmund Pettus Bridge and have it replaced as the John Lewis Memorial Bridge.

There is often a difference between having a moral compass and wanting to get re-elected. But I agree with you. The re-naming would be a beautiful tribute to John Lewis. Long overdue.

Trump's two sentence, canned response to John Lewis' death is an international disgrace. But 100% expected.

Trump's two sentence, canned response to John Lewis' death is an international disgrace. But 100% expected.

It could have been way worse. John Lewis skipped Trump's inauguration, after which Trump ranted about the "burning" supposedly happening in his district.

I was also half-expecting Trump to talk about how Lewis supposedly wouldn't condone the current protests and thus would approve of the police tactics.

Last edited:
Call it the John Lewis VRA...make Republicans stand up and vote against his life's work.

Pelosi should get it passed before they go on break. Then, EVERY day she should call out Moscow Mitch about his not passing it.

W. Kamau Bell will have a new show tomorrow night about white supremacy. I'm guessing it will be really good.

On the fascism thread centerdeac(bkf) lauded the Minneapolis cops for trying to give Floyd CPR without mentioning he was DEAD because the cops KILLED him.

Call it the John Lewis VRA...make Republicans stand up and vote against his life's work.

Pelosi should get it passed before they go on break. Then, EVERY day she should call out Moscow Mitch about his not passing it.

Cong. Jim Clyburn is promising to do exactly what I proposed above when he returns to DC this week.

Back