• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Labor/Workers movements thread

Every time I try to go to a coffee shop they're apparently already on strike.

Some judge just ruled the Uber Lyft CA proposition that we spent a year debating unconstitutional.

You’d think they’d determine if they were legal or not before they put it up to a vote.

And if there was a recall, Uber/Lyft might get fucked. Cause they up and rose prices anyways

Columbia and Harvard grads both vote to authorize a strike after their universities stop negotiating.

Didn't know that other grads had to pay for vision and dental like I do - good for them.

Harvard's endowment ($41b) to supposedly post a 20% (!) return this year; last year 7%.

more good news

2000 nurses just went on strike in Buffalo.

The only labor strike that conservatives will acknowledge is the imaginary airline pilot strike over vaccine mandates.

Who gives a shit if the people making your chips and cookies die of heat stroke, but don’t you dare make commercial pilots get the jab. Morons.

Who gives a shit if the people making your chips and cookies die of heat stroke, but don’t you dare make commercial pilots get the jab. Morons.

I think more so than that, it matters a lot more if national transportation grinds to halt than it does if I can shove diabetes down my throat.

Just wait for the Longshoremen union strike coming in the new year.

I can shove diabetes down my throat.

Speaking of things that no one cares about. Maybe face reality and focus on the real labor strikes and walkouts happening in the nation instead of bullshit from MAGA uncles and Glenn Beck? Fortunately(?) for us your boy Ronald Reagan, champion of the worker, made it illegal for pilots or air traffic controllers to strike, so we’ll just have to worry about the few dipshits calling in sick until they get fired or come to their senses.

10k John Deere workers on strike as of midnight

Fuck John Deere and their bullshit heavy handed repair monopolization.

sounds like a complaint about the management side of the bargaining table, and not the labor side

Edit - spoke out of my ass

Last edited:

I like how this is somehow a thing, don’t worry we will just put the suits to work, how hard can it be we don’t pay those guys anything so easily replaced. Guys in suits and hard hats just start riveting shit, see I made something, I call it a tractor.

tangentially related

Back