• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Labor/Workers movements thread

I liked the one that, in attempting to slam unions, basically said that Amazon didn't pay her a living wage.

Looks like that one is also suspended.

I’m not typically very sympathetic for unions, but Amazon is straight wildin’ right now. Seems like an ok case could be made for the unions.

I’m sure Wapo will cover this story honestly and fairly since democracy dies in darkness or some shit like that.

I liked the one that, in attempting to slam unions, basically said that Amazon didn't pay her a living wage.

Looks like that one is also suspended.

that's the one i posted, yeah.

Why? Someone shouldn’t be able to claim they’re the CEO of a company that doesn’t exist for example.

sure but that person is explicitly pretending to be an AI account pretending to be a human

Why? Someone shouldn’t be able to claim they’re the CEO of a company that doesn’t exist for example.

lol so many twitter bios are like "CEO @ RISE N GRIND INC GET THAT PAPER LLC"

My dream job is ceo of ogboards.com. Anyone know if thats lucrative?

cook out has REFUSED to make the board's finances public makes you wonder

now that i think about it pretty sure biff wrote a pm that said ogboards finances were not eligible for public release. just a recommendation though. not sure if its legally binding...

I'm pretty sure he gets that from the kindness and generosity of the CEOs, not from his union dues.

(Obviously joking)

I was at Universal Studios two weeks ago during Spring Break sitting outside an outside sitting area at a restaurant and overheard a waitress having a detailed conservation with a table about Universal Studios pay, benefits, and the union. No idea about the context but it was interesting.

Supreme Court heard oral arguments in Alston v NCAA this week. It is framed as an anti-trust case. NCAA is the sole "employer" of college athletes. "Monopsist" was the word used, I think.

Justices did not seem to be sympathetic to NCAA amateurism model. Seemed to be headed toward allowing much greater payments to athletes as "academic awards." Post eligibility paid internships, vocational training, graduate school scholarships, study abroad funds, and $5980 cash awards. The cash award amount was apparently a construct by the district Court Judge.

I'd love to see the thoughts of some of the lawyers on the issues.

Back