Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Labor/Workers movements thread

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    lol they deleted it? hahahahaha fuck anti-union PR all my homies hate anti-union PR
    let RJ announce Burt's death

Burt looks like he would be friends with Mako.

I liked the one that, in attempting to slam unions, basically said that Amazon didn't pay her a living wage.

Looks like that one is also suspended.

I’m not typically very sympathetic for unions, but Amazon is straight wildin’ right now. Seems like an ok case could be made for the unions.

I’m sure Wapo will cover this story honestly and fairly since democracy dies in darkness or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    I liked the one that, in attempting to slam unions, basically said that Amazon didn't pay her a living wage.

Looks like that one is also suspended.
    that's the one i posted, yeah.
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    I’m not typically very sympathetic for unions, but Amazon is straight wildin’ right now. Seems like an ok case could be made for the unions.

I’m sure Wapo will cover this story honestly and fairly since democracy dies in darkness or some shit like that.
    This doesn’t discuss the tweets but feels fairly even handed https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...house-workers/

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Why? Someone shouldn’t be able to claim they’re the CEO of a company that doesn’t exist for example.

sure but that person is explicitly pretending to be an AI account pretending to be a human

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why? Someone shouldn’t be able to claim they’re the CEO of a company that doesn’t exist for example.
    lol so many twitter bios are like "CEO @ RISE N GRIND INC GET THAT PAPER LLC"

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    lol so many twitter bios are like "CEO @ RISE N GRIND INC GET THAT PAPER LLC"
    Good point.

My dream job is ceo of ogboards.com. Anyone know if thats lucrative?

cook out has REFUSED to make the board's finances public makes you wonder

Did he say he’d release them as soon as he’s not under audit...?
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

now that i think about it pretty sure biff wrote a pm that said ogboards finances were not eligible for public release. just a recommendation though. not sure if its legally binding...

I'm pretty sure he gets that from the kindness and generosity of the CEOs, not from his union dues.

(Obviously joking)

I was at Universal Studios two weeks ago during Spring Break sitting outside an outside sitting area at a restaurant and overheard a waitress having a detailed conservation with a table about Universal Studios pay, benefits, and the union. No idea about the context but it was interesting.

union now plz

Supreme Court heard oral arguments in Alston v NCAA this week. It is framed as an anti-trust case. NCAA is the sole "employer" of college athletes. "Monopsist" was the word used, I think.

Justices did not seem to be sympathetic to NCAA amateurism model. Seemed to be headed toward allowing much greater payments to athletes as "academic awards." Post eligibility paid internships, vocational training, graduate school scholarships, study abroad funds, and $5980 cash awards. The cash award amount was apparently a construct by the district Court Judge.

I'd love to see the thoughts of some of the lawyers on the issues.