• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Article

centerdeac

Reaction score
https://theweek.com/articles/912481/how-george-w-bush-exposed-trumps-biggest-failure

Excellent piece showing what Trump lacks. From a Bush critic, who I think nailed it.

"The bright spots in Bush's policy record aren't enough to get me to overlook all the things that made me dislike him when he was in office. But the 3-minute video Bush released on Saturday points to something that I thoroughly took for granted during his presidency (and during every other presidency in my lifetime). It's a quality I've come to appreciate, admire, and miss terribly through the civic desert of the Trump administration: the capacity of a president to rise above partisanship to speak from and to the nation as a whole."

Last edited:
Bush did give a shit about this country and Republicans at least pretended to during his administration. He was completely misguided in how to lead this country, but we took for granted that Republicans gave a shit.

Doesn't fit partisan mode, people don't like. That's what makes it good reading.

Bush did give a shit about this country and Republicans at least pretended to during his administration. He was completely misguided in how to lead this country, but we took for granted that Republicans gave a shit.

Well......some of it

Back