• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Election: Biden criticism thread

ok, go find some non-voters, bitch at them and see what results you get. Meanwhile leave the rest of us politically involved people the fuck alone. I've spent too much of my own time and gas money trying to get out the vote in my own city to listen to your bullshit

There you go again. Driving people away who have done what you are doing. Who sympathize and empathize with those who have no voice. Who have been in the trenches. But you can't calm down and have people help you help.

I think it's pretty hard to apply much credibility at all to whatever Tara Reade says due to the ever-changing nature of her stories, her bizarre behavior, her political axe to grind excetera excetera

To be fair, the journalist in the VOX article we've been discussing and other journalists who investigated the story did find her initial sexual harassment allegation credible.

To be fair, the journalist in the VOX article we've been discussing and other journalists who investigated the story did find her initial sexual harassment allegation credible.
Perhaps at the time but then after that she changed multiple aspects of her story like why she was fired if she filed a complaint and then you can look back into her past statements where she claimed she wasn't fired for sexual harassment at all because her boyfriend moved and that she was very complimentary of Joe Biden's actions on violence against women amd sexual assault which seems kind of bizarre if he sexually assaulted or harassed her.

She is by far the least credible of all those accusers and her story is the most out of character based on the other seven stories

I thought you had me on ignore. I don't have RJ on ignore, but I'll admit that I don't usually pay much attention to the content of his posts since they're all so damn similar these days.

The Sanders campaign was made aware of the pay issue, acknowledged it publicly, and immediately rectified it. That's what accountability looks like. What are your issues with the process?

Let's try to actually engage with one another rather than drive-by gotchas.

I was joking about having you on ignore. I never said anything about processes, just wondering why you edited your response.

There you go again. Driving people away who have done what you are doing. Who sympathize and empathize with those who have no voice. Who have been in the trenches. But you can't calm down and have people help you help.

Until you can acknowledge the legitimate reasons that people have for not believing in electoralism, the reasons that people don't vote, then we don't have shit to talk about. I want idealistic transformational politics because people need something to believe in besides Jesus. Instead we always get this "lesser of two evils" horseshit, and condescending dickheads shaming people for not voting

I was joking about having you on ignore. I never said anything about processes, just wondering why you edited your response.

Because I responded before reading what RJ actually wrote. I assumed he said something like, would you ask Sanders to step down if there were sexual harassment allegations against him? Instead, it was the same regurgitated shit that he subjects us to on here on like 35 separate threads simultaneously, so I wanted to edit my response so that it actually engaged with his post in a futile attempt to engage with RJ over anything.

Seems to me like Sanders took full accountability from mistakes from 2016: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/us/politics/sanders-sexism-apology.amp.html

Including several apologies, firings, restitution, and the most pro-woman platform in the history of American politics.

I’d prefer Biden address allegations head on but failing that it would at least help for people not to whatabout. Most people are capable of that on here, it seems. It’s tough to tell if Reade is credible but she deserves the same platform to be heard as anyone. I don’t think most people disagree.

Until you can acknowledge the legitimate reasons that people have for not believing in electoralism, the reasons that people don't vote, then we don't have shit to talk about. I want idealistic transformational politics because people need something to believe in besides Jesus. Instead we always get this "lesser of two evils" horseshit, and condescending dickheads shaming people for not voting

I've never a single word in opposition to including everyone in voting. In fact, I have often lamented that too few people vote and we need to make it more accessible.

The reality is THIS year we have no other choice but Trump or Biden. If you want to have any chance to implement anything you want in the next quarter of a century, EVERYONE needs to vote for Biden. I've said dozens of times that Biden isn't close to my first choice.

However, you have no chance to have anything you champion heard if Donald Trump is re-elected. In life, sometimes you have to play defense against something unspeakably bad.

Once again, I have not called you any names, attacked you or your positions. Can you be ciivl?

mods can we please restrict rj to one thread? no way he fucks up the boards less than than others who have faced the same.

I will amend it. I don't think people in prison should vote, but the day they are released or paroled, they should be added to the voting lists.

They shouldn't be in jail. Until that's fixed, no one in prison should be able to vote. There are too many problems with that. Extortion and other issues would be problematic.

Reade's original account was that members of Biden's staff asked her to be a cocktail server at an event and supposedly secondhand that Biden liked her legs and that her main beef was with the staff.

I think it's pretty hard to apply much credibility at all to whatever Tara Reade says due to the ever-changing nature of her stories, her bizarre behavior, her political axe to grind excetera excetera

Yet it didn't stop any of the same women who believed Blasey Ford and even Swetnick in the duped Kavanaugh junk from high school from say all of their stories were certainly true because she was a woman and she is to be believed. Where are all the women's groups now out in support for Reade? Same situation with much better corroboration and facts behind it. Newsbusters found that Biden was talked to 77 times after the allegations came out and was NOT asked about it one time. If that had been a Republican the press would have hounded them from Day 1 and not stopped--just like they did Kavanaugh.

NewsBusters found that ABC, NBC, CNN and MSNBC posed a total of 77 questions to Biden between the leveling of Reade’s allegation and the Brzezinski interview, while the Washington Free Beacon counted 19 interviews in this period overall. Not a single one concerned the case.

I've never a single word in opposition to including everyone in voting. In fact, I have often lamented that too few people vote and we need to make it more accessible.

The reality is THIS year we have no other choice but Trump or Biden. If you want to have any chance to implement anything you want in the next quarter of a century, EVERYONE needs to vote for Biden. I've said dozens of times that Biden isn't close to my first choice.

However, you have no chance to have anything you champion heard if Donald Trump is re-elected. In life, sometimes you have to play defense against something unspeakably bad.

Once again, I have not called you any names, attacked you or your positions. Can you be ciivl?

no matter how many times I respond to you, you just don't seem to get it. I don't want to talk to you about politics. I don't want to argue with you. I just want you to stop condescending and shaming non-voters. I would bet that everyone here votes. Just drop it. We, here, vote. End of discussion. Don't reply to me about Joe Biden or Trump.

no matter how many times I respond to you, you just don't seem to get it. I don't want to talk to you about politics. I don't want to argue with you. I just want you to stop condescending and shaming non-voters. I would bet that everyone here votes. Just drop it. We, here, vote. End of discussion. Don't reply to me about Joe Biden or Trump.

Thought Nazi!!! We must do as you say and how you say it.

You are no different than extreme RWers. Are you Reff's long lost child?

Dear Strick and Townie,

Sorry for suggesting that y’all should stop being negative about candidates like Mayor Pete and Booker etc. back in the fall on the Dem Primaries thread. I see now how frustrating that probably was for you. I was coming from an earnest place of wanting to minimize intra-party infighting, but that is clearly a bad objective or least a bad mechanize for interesting dialogue..

Sincerely,

birdman

Dear Strick and Townie,

Sorry for suggesting that y’all should stop being negative about candidates like Mayor Pete and Booker etc. back in the fall on the Dem Primaries thread. I see now how frustrating that probably was for you. I was coming from an earnest place of wanting to minimize intra-party infighting, but that is clearly a bad objective or least a bad mechanize for interesting dialogue..

Sincerely,

birdman
Birdman an honest question for you. If Bernie was the nominee and I was here bad-mouthing and endlessly criticizing him what would your take be right now?

Back