• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Election: Biden criticism thread

I don't have townie on ignore. How would I know the next shameless twitter leftist attack that was coming down the pike about Biden?

Wrong thread, ChrisL. This is a "leftist circle jerk" safe space.

Why confine our scope to one post? Let's scan the thread.

You have called me (in order, in this thread):
*a Republican (I'm not.)
*a Russian (I'm not.)
*someone without any personal responsibility (working on a Ph.D.)
*far left (I have progressive sympathies, but I don't consider myself far left)
*the mirror image of Hannity or Carlson (lol wut)
*someone who want to be addressed as "Yes, comrade" or "Sieg Heil"? (???)

okay I had to stop at the first page because otherwise this post is going to exceed a character limit.

I have called you:
*childish (see above)
*someone who calls people names (see above)
*someone who structures their politics solely around personalities (see above)

Give it a rest, RJ.

Actually it was directed at you and all those who think this thread is a good idea. :)

But if you read it, there are three options to counter the inane concept that "what is posted on the board, stays on the board" and isn't discussed off the board. Whether it's to comment on the subject or to say, "you believe what this crazy old fuck is saying" to laugh about it, you can't seriously say you never talk about issues from here IRL. Or that these issues may have started IRL and are brought to the board.

*a Republican (I'm not.)
*a Russian (I'm not.)

okay I had to stop at the first page because otherwise this post is going to exceed a character limit.

I have called you:
*childish (see above)

Give it a rest, RJ.

I think it's clear you owe rj an apology, just based on this.

TI've laid out my positions very clearly for decades here. Because you don't agree with some of them, like those on the extremes, you say I haven't put them out there. I've even told you specifically why I disagree with the premise and the content of this thread.

No you haven't! You've spent 5 pages being rude as hell and have not once responded to the arguments I linked directly to!

You can't claim to have specifically disagreed with something if you haven't done that.

Actually it was directed at you and all those who think this thread is a good idea. :)

But if you read it, there are three options to counter the inane concept that "what is posted on the board, stays on the board" and isn't discussed off the board. Whether it's to comment on the subject or to say, "you believe what this crazy old fuck is saying" to laugh about it, you can't seriously say you never talk about issues from here IRL. Or that these issues may have started IRL and are brought to the board.

It's not that people don't use the boards as a place to discourse and shape arguments, it's that you're dramatically exaggerating the effect they might have on influencing others in an effort to foreclose on any substantive criticism.

*a Republican (I'm not.)
*a Russian (I'm not.)

I have called you:
*childish (see above)

Give it a rest, RJ.

This is dishonest. You are taking words out of context. You can't just pick a word without showing how it was used.

BTW, calling someone a Republican or a Russian or far left or like Hannity is not name calling. Saying I'm an old fat guy is not calling me a name. It's stating a fact.

It's not that people don't use the boards as a place to discourse and shape arguments, it's that you're dramatically exaggerating the effect they might have on influencing others in an effort to foreclose on any substantive criticism.

EVERY vote counts. You never know what the next person could say or who their friends are or how many people they may influence directly or via social media.

But thanks for showing, you eschew your own personal responsibility. You couldn't have stated it any more clearly.

RJ, I would love for you to engage substantively on meta-criticism of Biden. Trump data teams sharing OGBoards threads and "this-thread-is-going-to-usher-in-70-years-of-chaos" are not substantive responses.

This is dishonest. You are taking words out of context. You can't just pick a word without showing how it was used.

BTW, calling someone a Republican or a Russian or far left or like Hannity is not name calling. Saying I'm an old fat guy is not calling me a name. It's stating a fact.

I'm not a Republican or a Russian?!

EVERY vote counts. You never know what the next person could say or who their friends are or how many people they may influence directly or via social media.

But thanks for showing, you eschew your own personal responsibility. You couldn't have stated it any more clearly.

This is not an argument that supports foreclosing criticism.

I like how you managed to fit the insult in too!

I'm not a Republican or a Russian?!

You can't even be truthful about what I posted.

Here's the direct quote:

"Are you being paid the Republicans? Or Russians?"

You can be paid by someone without being them.

I worked for a man from India at one time. Did that make me Indian? Remember, there are white people in India.

The reality is this thread is acting like the two groups I said. It is benefiting them whether you want to admit it or not.

Again I said "acting". Eddie Redmayne "acted" like Stephen Hawking. Is he Stephen Hawking?

You can't even be truthful about what I posted.

Here's the direct quote:

"Are you being paid the Republicans? Or Russians?"

You can be paid by someone without being them.

I worked for a man from India at one time. Did that make me Indian? Remember, there are white people in India.

The reality is this thread is acting like the two groups I said. It is benefiting them whether you want to admit it or not.

Again I said "acting". Eddie Redmayne "acted" like Stephen Hawking. Is he Stephen Hawking?

Uh, I'm not paid by them either, RJ.

Huh? This whole "you lack personal responsibility" is your insult.

You stated that you don't have any impact. So you can say whatever you want. That's a lack of personal responsibility.

Hell, I'm a dinosaur. I know that, but I also know that statements can get a life of their own these days whether you intended them to or not.

Again, YOU said it.

At the risk of overstating the real world impact of this thread: maybe if you were capable of responding to Biden criticisms like an adult, this thread could serve as a place place for people to sharpen their arguments when they have to persuade others to vote for Biden? Just a thought.

Back