• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Election: Biden criticism thread

You stated that you don't have any impact. So you can say whatever you want. That's a lack of personal responsibility.

Hell, I'm a dinosaur. I know that, but I also know that statements can get a life of their own these days whether you intended them to or not.

Again, YOU said it.

On post #90 I made it pretty clear that these threads have an impact but that you're just overstating/exaggerating the impact they have.

I'm not sure what that has to do with "personal responsibility," again - an insult that you introduced to this thread.

Last edited:
At the risk of overstating the real world impact of this thread: maybe if you were capable of responding to Biden criticisms like an adult, this thread could serve as a place place for people to sharpen their arguments when they have to persuade others to vote for Biden? Just a thought.

I have responded.

I don't believe anyone who changes their story over and over and over again when they have taken the time to go to the press and tell that story. As I said, if she had made differing statements 25+ years and today, that would have been one thing. But she planned this story out. She organized it before going public. Every time someone asks her a question she has a different answer. Add to this, she worked for and supported Biden's top opponent.

AGAIN, so, I am perfectly clear. I DO give sexual assault survivors the benefit or the doubt and a lot of leeway. However, if that person contradicts himself/herself like this one has, that person is tough to believe.

The purpose of this thread (and most of those who have supported it) is not to persuade people to vote for Biden. The purpose of this thread is to do everything they can to dissuade people from voting for him and to weaken him. The proof of this is who is participating in those efforts. We have the far left, who never liked Biden and want him out. And we have the far right and Trump supporters.

There is nothing in this thread that is at all like your last question.

Biden has lied many times in his past. Why do you question her credibility and not his?

On post #90 I made it pretty clear that these threads have an impact but that you're just overstating/exaggerating the impact they have.

I'm not sure what that has to do with "personal responsibility," again - an insult that you introduced to this thread.

ANY impact can be harmful.

How does this have to do with "personal responsibility"? It's your responsibility not to help Trump if you think he will harm the people of this country and the world. Even, if there is minimum impact and your actions influence that tiny impact and you know this is possible, it is "personal responsibility".

The purpose of this thread (and most of those who have supported it) is not to persuade people to vote for Biden. The purpose of this thread is to do everything they can to dissuade people from voting for him and to weaken him. The proof of this is who is participating in those efforts. We have the far left, who never liked Biden and want him out. And we have the far right and Trump supporters.

The purpose of this thread is to house criticism of Biden because several posters on the 2020 presidential thread requested it.

RJ, man, you need to take a break. Even a day or two helps.

Maybe play some Zoom Poker with your friends, spend time with your family.

Drink some drinks, smoke some grass. Whatever you do. IDK man but you've lost it.

Biden has lied many times in his past. Why do you question her credibility and not his?

If people looked everything you have ever said, do you think they could some lies you told? Now add to this, your being in the public eye, with people following every word you have said for half a century, do you think there might be some untruths?

Why don't I believe her? It has nothing to do with Biden. It has to do with her contradicting her own planned, rehearsed statements over the past six weeks or less. If she had even been consistent in what she has been saying recently, it would be a different story.

You have an ax to grind. You have stated many, many times you don't help in your movement unless people kowtow to 100% of your beliefs.

ANY impact can be harmful.

How does this have to do with "personal responsibility"? It's your responsibility not to help Trump if you think he will harm the people of this country and the world. Even, if there is minimum impact and your actions influence that tiny impact and you know this is possible, it is "personal responsibility".

Criticism of Biden on a message board doesn't necessarily help Trump. You have yet to prove that, but you continue to post it as a given.

I'm not going to shirk holding the candidate I want to vote for accountable because of some greater fear of Trump. You can continue to avoid that moral responsibility.

The purpose of this thread is to house criticism of Biden because several posters on the 2020 presidential thread requested it.

What good can it do?

This is a callout thread. It is EXACTLY like the threads Reff starts. You can't dispute this.

What harm can it do? I've stated that , but you refuse to take any responsibility for anything bad that could happen. You started this thread. Anything that happens because of it is your responsibility.

I think if the last 6 pages prove anything, it's that you're so afraid of Trump that you won't even let three or four people on a message board discourse re: criticism of his opponent.

That's a really weak position to be in.

If people looked everything you have ever said, do you think they could some lies you told? Now add to this, your being in the public eye, with people following every word you have said for half a century, do you think there might be some untruths?

Why don't I believe her? It has nothing to do with Biden. It has to do with her contradicting her own planned, rehearsed statements over the past six weeks or less. If she had even been consistent in what she has been saying recently, it would be a different story.

You have an ax to grind. You have stated many, many times you don't help in your movement unless people kowtow to 100% of your beliefs.

In other words, we accept lies from people in power.

As to the bold, I have not stated this.

What good can it do?

This is a callout thread. It is EXACTLY like the threads Reff starts. You can't dispute this.

What harm can it do? I've stated that , but you refuse to take any responsibility for anything bad that could happen. You started this thread. Anything that happens because of it is your responsibility.

If you don't understand how criticism can be productive/generative then I don't know how to help you. That's something you learn in grade school, RJ.

Criticism of Biden on a message board doesn't necessarily help Trump. You have yet to prove that, but you continue to post it as a given.

I'm not going to shirk holding the candidate I want to vote for accountable because of some greater fear of Trump. You can continue to avoid that moral responsibility.

Not fear of Trump. The reality of Trump. You refuse to admit how evil Trump has been. You refuse to admit how much he has harmed poor people, people of color, the environment, world affairs, worker safety, put people of the "wrong" faith in danger.

To that you find a few random lies told by someone who has been in the public eye for half a century. Hell, you've lied by omission on this thread by taking things out of context to "prove" your point. Why should anyone listen to you?

Biden too has harmed poor people, and people of color. Why should we ignore that?

huh, looks like rj still sucks the most

I have responded.

I don't believe anyone who changes their story over and over and over again when they have taken the time to go to the press and tell that story. As I said, if she had made differing statements 25+ years and today, that would have been one thing. But she planned this story out. She organized it before going public. Every time someone asks her a question she has a different answer. Add to this, she worked for and supported Biden's top opponent.

AGAIN, so, I am perfectly clear. I DO give sexual assault survivors the benefit or the doubt and a lot of leeway. However, if that person contradicts himself/herself like this one has, that person is tough to believe.

There is nothing in this thread that is at all like your last question.

There is a lot in here I don't agree with, but since this is about Biden and not what you've been doing on this board for "decades", I'll respond:

What are these huge number of "story changes" that you see? The main one I see is her changing her account of the severity of the assault. That happens frequently, whether due to unconsciously repressed memories or intentionally because we condition victims to feel embarrassment for having been assaulted. This is something I've personally observed, and it does not mean the assault didn't happen.

The main reason I'm inclined to believe her is because there is way more downside than upside for her coming forward. You seem to think that she is campaigning for Bernie, but there is no way that Bernie is getting on the ballot no matter what happens to Biden-any ballot change at this point would be an establishment Dem move.

To my original point-do you think the "I believe Tara Reade. I'm still voting for Biden" NYT op-ed helps Trump get elected? I would argue it does the opposite, or at least it can.

Not fear of Trump. The reality of Trump. You refuse to admit how evil Trump has been. You refuse to admit how much he has harmed poor people, people of color, the environment, world affairs, worker safety, put people of the "wrong" faith in danger.

To that you find a few random lies told by someone who has been in the public eye for half a century. Hell, you've lied by omission on this thread by taking things out of context to "prove" your point. Why should anyone listen to you?

I don't refuse to admit that at all. There are plenty of threads for that! I've posted on more than a few of them.

There's one thread for criticism of Biden and you spend 6 pages complaining about it. That's fear. To let even one Biden criticism thread stand seems like a threat to you.

If you don't understand how criticism can be productive/generative then I don't know how to help you. That's something you learn in grade school, RJ.

But this isn't intentionally insulting me?

You are proving to be one of the board's BIGGEST hypocrites EVER. No, that's not an insult. It's a fact. You say it's wrong for me to insult you or call you names, but you have called me names and insulted me many times. That's the textbook definition of hypocrisy.

Back