• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Election: Biden criticism thread

I don't refuse to admit that at all. There are plenty of threads for that! I've posted on more than a few of them.

There's one thread for criticism of Biden and you spend 6 pages complaining about it. That's fear. To let even one Biden criticism thread stand seems like a threat to you.

Reff is loving this. you are helping the right.

It's not an insult. Critical thinking - learning that criticism can be productive - is literally something you learn in grade school.

Why are you so defensive about that specifically?

There is a lot in here I don't agree with, but since this is about Biden and not what you've been doing on this board for "decades", I'll respond:

What are these huge number of "story changes" that you see? The main one I see is her changing her account of the severity of the assault. That happens frequently, whether due to unconsciously repressed memories or intentionally because we condition victims to feel embarrassment for having been assaulted. This is something I've personally observed, and it does not mean the assault didn't happen.

The main reason I'm inclined to believe her is because there is way more downside than upside for her coming forward. You seem to think that she is campaigning for Bernie, but there is no way that Bernie is getting on the ballot no matter what happens to Biden-any ballot change at this point would be an establishment Dem move.

To my original point-do you think the "I believe Tara Reade. I'm still voting for Biden" NYT op-ed helps Trump get elected? I would argue it does the opposite, or at least it can.

She changed what happened, where she reported it and what she reported among others.

There's no downside for her doing this. In a few weeks, she'll be forgotten. Her political career has been over. She might have gotten a book deal or payments from Rwers to tell her story. She is also becoming a hero of the far left.

She used to support Bernie. I agree there's no chance Bernie will replace Biden, but she could think that.

Remember, I have said many times that Reade is harming many survivors of sexual harassment, abuse and assault by taking away from the trust and benefit of the doubt so many thousands deserve. My position has zero to do with Biden. She is illustrating the negatives those who don't believe survivors. That's what I am opposed to.

It's not an insult. Critical thinking - learning that criticism can be productive - is literally something you learn in grade school.

Give me a break. Saying an adult isn't capable of something learned in grade school isn't an insult is a categorical lie. At least be honest to admit you are insulting me. This tract is below contempt and transparent as well as being totally dishonest.

You are showing EXACTLY who you are by doing this. No amount of nonsensical, amateurish word play can hide it.

This is something that the biggest hypocrite EVER might say, TBF.

I wasn't trying to insult you, RJ. I'm not trying any "nonsensical, amateurish word play."

She changed what happened, where she reported it and what she reported among others.

There's no downside for her doing this. In a few weeks, she'll be forgotten. Her political career has been over. She might have gotten a book deal or payments from Rwers to tell her story. She is also becoming a hero of the far left.

She used to support Bernie. I agree there's no chance Bernie will replace Biden, but she could think that.

Remember, I have said many times that Reade is harming many survivors of sexual harassment, abuse and assault by taking away from the trust and benefit of the doubt so many thousands deserve. My position has zero to do with Biden. She is illustrating the negatives those who don't believe survivors. That's what I am opposed to.

Is "what she reported" a different thing than "what happened"?

If you truly think there is "no downside", then you haven't spent any time among assault survivors, or haven't listened to a word they've said.

I wasn't trying to insult you, RJ.

You aren't even good at trying to run away from your actual words.

There are two options. You are incapable of describing what you mean or you are intentionally lying to avoid taking responsibility for what you said. Everyone here knows it's the latter.

Either way it's disgusting and shows your character.

Isn't Reade's claim that she has contemporaneously told people over the years that he sexually harassed or assaulted her, and that she apparently remembered all of these instances in order to get these people to come forward, but then between these times she subsequently repressed these memories to move from big Biden fan to putin supporter/made to feel uncomfortable to berner/sexual assault victim again all as an adult?

Joe Biden is not winning if 0% of people who believe Reade vote for him, and IMO the percentage who do will change dramatically depending on how Biden and his supporters account for this fact. Same is true for the other shitty things Biden has supported.

Isn't Reade's claim that she has contemporaneously told people over the years that he sexually harassed or assaulted her, and that she apparently remembered all of these instances in order to get these people to come forward, but then between these times she subsequently repressed these memories to move from big Biden fan to putin supporter/made to feel uncomfortable to berner/sexual assault victim again all as an adult?

If posters on this board like RJ and 2&2 are any indication, then adults have far more complicated cognitive structures and coping mechanisms than we give them credit for having.

Is "what she reported" a different thing than "what happened"?

If you truly think there is "no downside", then you haven't spent any time among assault survivors, or haven't listened to a word they've said.

I think the downside is she's harming survivors.

I don't believe her and am not close to the only one who doesn't believe her. I'm not even the only progressive that doesn't believe her.

This isn't an open and shut case. Lots of people who support survivors don't believe her either.

As to what her motivations are? I can't speak to that.

You aren't even good at trying to run away from your actual words.

There are two options. You are incapable of describing what you mean or you are intentionally lying to avoid taking responsibility for what you said. Everyone here knows it's the latter.

Either way it's disgusting and shows your character.

this makes me feel really shitty, dude. i was trying to have a frank discussion with you about why this thread can be a generative place for criticism and i'm not sure i want to continue if you're just going to call me disgusting.

good luck out there rj.

Joe Biden is not winning if 0% of people who believe Reade vote for him, and IMO the percentage who do will change dramatically depending on how Biden and his supporters account for this fact. Same is true for the other shitty things Biden has supported.

But none of the massive amounts of good he's counts at all. That's fair.

This is a binary choice. It's not one I like, but the only choices are voting for Biden or Trump. Any non-vote for Biden, staying home or third party is absolutely a vote for Trump. How do you justify voting for Trump?

Something like 1/3 of the people polled who believe Reade are *still* going to vote for Biden. That's how dire this election has become.

Back