• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Election: Biden criticism thread

this makes me feel really shitty, dude. i was trying to have a frank discussion with you about why this thread can be a generative place for criticism and i'm not sure i want to continue if you're just going to call me disgusting.

good luck out there rj.

You called me incapable of learning things that grade school kids learn but that's not shitty to me???

This is a PERFECT example of you not taking personal responsibility for your words and actions.

Something like 1/3 of the people polled who believe Reade are *still* going to vote for Biden. That's how dire this election has become.

And those who won't vote for Biden over this are voting for Trump. WTG!!!

And those who won't vote for Biden over this are voting for Trump. WTG!!!

Fuck you. For someone so old you are so goddamn clueless about the world. Something like 40% of eligible voters don't vote, and most of them don't believe that voting fucking matters. Do you think the homeless vote? Prostitutes? Drug addicts living in motels? Panhandlers? Transient farm workers living 8 to a goddamn 2 bedroom apartment and sending all their money back to Mexico? Fucking NO. You don't give a single fuck about America's real problems, because if you did you would be understanding of people who are disaffected and detached from electoralism. The proof is in the goddamn pudding that elections between old white powerful rapists are not as consequential and important as you scream they are.

Only 1/3? Yikes.

Probably a few are hoping the Dems will change the top of the ticket. I, for one, and holding out some hope, although I still put myself in the 1/3. Anyway, that number might go up after August.

Back to Biden criticism:

Biden is beholden to corporate interests more than almost any Democrat. Therefore he will do little to nothing during his administration to fix the biggest problem that faces our nation: income inequality and the poverty it creates.

At best he is a place holder.

Back to Biden criticism:

Biden is beholden to corporate interests more than almost any Democrat. Therefore he will do little to nothing during his administration to fix the biggest problem that faces our nation: income inequality and the poverty it creates.

I think this is a bit silly. Putting aside for a second the argument that inequality is the biggest problem we face, do you really think that if the Dems take the Senate, and send, for example, Michael Bennet's American Family Act to his desk, that he wouldn't sign it?

I think this is a bit silly. Putting aside for a second the argument that inequality is the biggest problem we face, do you really think that if the Dems take the Senate, and send, for example, Michael Bennet's American Family Act to his desk, that he wouldn't sign it?

He probably would, but I doubt he would really push for the substantial tax increases that are needed to pay for it. And to pay for our $25T debt. Or the additional trillions of much needed social welfare (health care being #1) that a decent government would already be paying for.

And to me that makes him a pretty gutless liberal.

There are presidents that will push their own agenda strongly and there are presidents that will just rubber stamp what the majority of the party sets forth as the agenda. Biden is like Trump where he will be a rubber stamp for anything that comes from a united Democrat house and senate.

I'm pretty discouraged by the things he said he'd veto (GND, M4A, $15 minimum wage indexed to inflation).

Fuck you. For someone so old you are so goddamn clueless about the world. Something like 40% of eligible voters don't vote, and most of them don't believe that voting fucking matters. Do you think the homeless vote? Prostitutes? Drug addicts living in motels? Panhandlers? Transient farm workers living 8 to a goddamn 2 bedroom apartment and sending all their money back to Mexico? Fucking NO. You don't give a single fuck about America's real problems, because if you did you would be understanding of people who are disaffected and detached from electoralism. The proof is in the goddamn pudding that elections between old white powerful rapists are not as consequential and important as you scream they are.

That is some lazy BS. But is the way you do things.

So acting like you will help those people how? Re-electing Trump will certainly make the lives of those you use as props better.

That is some lazy BS. But is the way you do things.

So acting like you will help those people how? Re-electing Trump will certainly make the lives of those you use as props better.

Could you make an attempt to engage with a single post instead of attacking the poster?

Back to Biden criticism:

That's exactly what he is. His VP will be POTUS in 2024.

Do you Biden's corporate masters liked him trying to push a full public option for ACA in 2009? If Dems had voted with him, we'd have universal coverage by now.

Back to Biden.

In my opinion, in my lifetime there has not been more of a “no balls” Presidential Candidate than Joe Biden.

Guy makes Carter appear gutsy.

Does Carter have eligibility left? He'd be a great President.

Could you make an attempt to engage with a single post instead of attacking the poster?

He started his post with " Fuck you. For someone so old you are so goddamn clueless about the world.".

But you don't say anything to him.

How come it's OK for him to say that to me?

Back