• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Election: Biden criticism thread

He started his post with " Fuck you. For someone so old you are so goddamn clueless about the world.".

But you don't say anything to him.

How come it's OK for him to say that to me?

It's fine for anyone to say anything to anyone. We should all be able to deal with it like adults. If you engage on points rather than on ad hominems people will stop attacking. But you don't do that.

lol isn't chris's whole thing just like, corporate tax rates are too high

Funny how someone puts me on ignore and keeps referring to me.

Incorrect strawman characterization by the way.

A 15 dollar minimum wage is in his platform, isn't it?

Yea, but when pushed about ways to ensure that minimum wage continues to grow with COLA, he said something like "$15 should be enough to live on for the foreseeable future in any city in America" or something like that. It's a good starting point, and will be especially popular now that we've seen how essential service workers are, but he was apparently dead set on not indexing it to anything going forward.

are we really going to elect a guy from delaware?

That is some lazy BS. But is the way you do things.

So acting like you will help those people how? Re-electing Trump will certainly make the lives of those you use as props better.

I'm not arguing with you about the most effective type of politics, i'm just fucking tired of you shaming people that don't vote. Everybody here posting in the goddamn politics threads votes, so all your doing is just punching down at mostly poor people who aren't here to defend themselves from your elitist bullshit

He probably would, but I doubt he would really push for the substantial tax increases that are needed to pay for it. And to pay for our $25T debt. Or the additional trillions of much needed social welfare (health care being #1) that a decent government would already be paying for.

And to me that makes him a pretty gutless liberal.

His platform calls for $4 trillion in tax increases. Room for more of course.

i had this exact same conversation with Brasky a few weeks ago.

I’m happy to be wrong, but at the end of the day I don’t see it happening during the Biden administration. Mirroring the Obama and Clinton presidencies seems like his goal, and they were failures when it came to progressive/equitable tax and economic policy.

Boys a platform is one thing. Actually having the political fortitude to get it through is quite another. I see Biden mirroring Obama’s failures. He should currently be proposing far more extreme measures and then, if he wants, work his way to what he’s proposing now. If this is his starting point, we’ll end up with very little. Biden is too easy for lobbyists to manipulate.

Why should we believe that Biden will actually fight for any of that if he becomes President, when his entire political history has been proposing conservative legislation or compromising Democrats policies? This isn't a rhetorical question - When has Biden ever proposed or led the fight for an economically progressive policy? A policy that would set him against banks or corporations in Deleware? I'm honestly unaware of any, but I'm open to an education .

I do think you can argue that you don't think his platform goes far enough and you can argue that his platform is good but you don't believe he'll implement it, and both are reasonable given his pedigree.

But one encouraging thing from a recent piece I forget the source of (maybe Politico?) was showing the he has essentially voted with his party the entirety of his career. He rarely stuck his neck out too far in any direction away from the party line (including disastrous things like Iraq and criminal justice reform), and that's good in a party that's moving left on social and economic issues. Generally I agree that he'll be a rubber stamp type president, likely to listen to his advisors and not shoot from the hip. In those ways he's a massive improvement on Trump and may even be better than Obama.

My larger concern is that he's not mentally fit for duty 1, and that he's made too many campaign promises via the people who paid to get him the nomination 2 (health insurance cos most importantly).

Still, if Dems take back both houses, there are two years where the focus should not be on him so much as it is on Congressional Dem leadership to make at least one sweeping change. The president's agenda from there should be focused on rebuilding the administrative state, and not on the Obama model of corporatocracy, but boosting young professionals ready for the 21st century challenges that will face us post-COVID and pre-End Times Climate Days.

It's fine for anyone to say anything to anyone. We should all be able to deal with it like adults. If you engage on points rather than on ad hominems people will stop attacking. But you don't do that.

I didn't do anything to cause him to say that.

What a total BS answer. Anyone can insult me without me saying anything negative to them and that's OK.

I truly hoped you had changed, but you haven't. nothing said or done to RJ is wrong, but I have to be a saint.

I didn't do anything to cause him to say that.

What a total BS answer. Anyone can insult me without me saying anything negative to them and that's OK.

I truly hoped you had changed, but you haven't. nothing said or done to RJ is wrong, but I have to be a saint.

Put it another way, because I think you'll find I still have not said anything untoward anywhere on here.

You can't control how people talk to you. But you can control how you respond to other people.

So he can give me shit for no reason, Kory can say i'm as not capable as a grade schooler and MHB can curse at me, but you won't say ANYTHING to them, but if I respond to them I'm wrong.

That's total BS.

Why don't you treat them the same way you demand me to act? Oh, they agree with you politically. Or is it that I'm fair game and they aren't?

Last edited:
But one encouraging thing from a recent piece I forget the source of (maybe Politico?) was showing the he has essentially voted with his party the entirety of his career. He rarely stuck his neck out too far in any direction away from the party line (including disastrous things like Iraq and criminal justice reform), and that's good in a party that's moving left on social and economic issues. Generally I agree that he'll be a rubber stamp type president, likely to listen to his advisors and not shoot from the hip.

I think this is basically it. I would not expect him to push way outside the boundaries of what is broadly popular in the party. And that may just be good electoral judgment (I'll be the first to admit that while "big structural change" was a winning message for me personally, it was a complete failure among voters). But there is plenty of room for popular policy that will make a huge difference for millions of lives without specifically M4A or the entirety of the GND, especially as the party continues to move left.

RJ you sound like a small child. Grow up and shut up.

The old really do become children again. The circle of life...

Back