• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have gotten rusty hooks through my hand several times both in the water and on the beach from the motherfuckers that don’t clean up after themselves. Then there are the guys that post up with a couple rods right in the middle of the day at a packed beach with people swimming all around their lines. Sorry the surf fishing is lousy back in Cincinnati and you don’t have a lot of chances but pick a better time and place.

Like with anything, there are bad apples but I seem to come across them a lot.

My opinion is based on the fact that I’m a surfer, not a boat owner. I’ve gotten hooked more times than I can remember, and every time the fisherman was a redneck asshole.

Junebug complaining that he can't get a quarter of a mile of shoreline cleared so he can surf is peak millennial bullshit.

The Puerto Rican smack tea bartender I was feeling bad for the other day for being mistaken for a Proud Boy is now sharing weird alt-right conspiracy shit, so that shows me, I guess.

surfers and surf fishermen: two groups of dipshits who ruin large chunks of beaches for the rest of us

surfers and surf fishermen: two groups of dipshits who ruin large chunks of beaches for the rest of us

Yeah - how dare people enjoy the beach for the unique opportunities it presents. It should only be for the bloated greased walruses who flop around under tents and blare bad music.

As someone who surfed a lot growing up I don’t really see how they ruin the beach. In any populated area during the summer you can’t surf between 9 and 5 and then whenever I had issues with people in the way it was because people wanted to get up close to people on surfboards or would intentionally be between you and the shore to try and get a closer look.

I need RJ to tell me which horses to box in the Santa Anita

I just saw your post. I don't have a program. If you want to get one and email it to me, I'll take a look.

Is it just you or are you betting with friend(s)?

Flavien Prat and Cedillo have been running hot as jockeys.

I just saw your post. I don't have a program. If you want to get one and email it to me, I'll take a look.

Just me. I didn’t know if you had thoughts on the Derby today or not. Love the two favorites and the 15-1 4 horse to box for exacta and trifecta. I think authentic wins it going away.

Yeah, like you expect anyone to believe you haven’t seen the program already. LOL

Just me. I didn’t know if you had thoughts on the Derby today or not. Love the two favorites and the 15-1 4 horse to box for exacta and trifecta. I think authentic wins it going away.

Authentic does look like a monster. Barring something weird, it looks like the only horse that has a shot to beat him is the second favorite, Honor AP. Sheriffs doesn't like running three year olds early. He's getting better with each race. That box could lose money.

In the 9th, the race after the Derby, it might be worth a flying on Heywoods Beach, Sadler-trainer, Prat-jockey. His morning line is 6/1. You'll probably get 9/2.

The 11th might give you a price.

So far, it's been all chalk. Three races, three favorites. Two wins for Prat, one for Cedillo.

Yeah, like you expect anyone to believe you haven’t seen the program already. LOL

I should have said form (the one that looks like a newspaper). I looked at the program when he asked. There are lots of short fields and it looks really chalky.

Authentic does look like a monster. Barring something weird, it looks like the only horse that has a shot to beat him is the second favorite, Honor AP. Sheriffs doesn't like running three year olds early. He's getting better with each race. That box could lose money.

In the 9th, the race after the Derby, it might be worth a flying on Heywoods Beach, Sadler-trainer, Prat-jockey. His morning line is 6/1. You'll probably get 9/2.

The 11th might give you a price.

So far, it's been all chalk. Three races, three favorites. Two wins for Prat, one for Cedillo.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the 1 goes off even better than 6-1 given the 6 at 4-1 who I think gets some momentum too. 7 is a beast there as well. Don’t mind the 6 or the 1 there.

I should have said form (the one that looks like a newspaper). I looked at the program when he asked. There are lots of short fields and it looks really chalky.

Yeah does scream chalk. Shorter fields at Santa Anita make it a decent long term track but not gonna find too many big single hits unless you box a third or fourth flyer IMO

If you want to take $5 flyer, bet Baffert's other horse in the Derby. There is an angle that says when Baffert has two horses, bet the longer odds. If want to possibly waste $4, bet a $2 exacta box 5/6 and leave out Authentic.

In their last race, Authentic beat Honor AP by an easy 2.5 lengths, pulling away easily at the end. However, it was Honor AP's first race in six months and had been scratched a month earlier due to a hoof problem. Other than Zenyatta, Shirreffs is known for sending out his horses at about 70-80% for their first race back.

Shirreffs absolutely deserves to be in the HOF. He's won the KY Derby, multiple Breeders Cup races and lots of Grade 1s. He's always danced to his own drummer and never cared about being in the in crowd, but he wins a lot.

EDIT: I am shocked the Pick 5 will pay over $55 with five favorites that included a 3/5 and 1/5. That normally would pay $20 and maybe less considering how shot the fields have been.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back