• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want neg reps from random posters also use the word rube while pointing out rube behavior on the sports board, gets it every time.

Or insult Trump on the sports board. Way more Trump defenders on here than the Tunnels would indicate.

I'm happy for the local bars and restaurants that they were allowed to reopen this weekend, but I'm super jealous of people going out again like nothing happened and enjoying themselves. I'm nowhere near the comfort level I need to be to go out like that again. Drove past lots of places and there was next to no social distancing.

We're starting to have meetings about phasing back into campus life and I'm like, holy shit, I'm supposed to gear up to be around thousands of people soon.

yeah, i'm sorta glad that bars weren't included in phase 2 here, because if they were i'm not sure i'd be able to resist the urge to go out with friends

I think I'm weird and want to hang out with people LESS after this. Crazy world, man, crazy.

yeah, i'm sorta glad that bars weren't included in phase 2 here, because if they were i'm not sure i'd be able to resist the urge to go out with friends

Aren’t you in NC? Breweries are now allowed to open.

Buncombe County announced a mask requirement but I don’t see anyone abiding by it. Went to get my oil changed today and I was the only one with one on. In situations like that I wonder if I’m the asshole but then remember no I’m not.

Surprisingly the racist stuff didn't come into this conference during the "ETHNIC" session, which was pretty amazing. The problematic stuff started with a guy talking about early minstrel recordings/groups, and then this virtual tour of this vintage record auction company in Texas that started off with a brief background on this guy's side hustle seed selling business, which felt a little prepper, and then we went to his "chill out" room, with some blackface lawn jockey "fighting darkies" toys, aaaaaannnnd I'm out.

Surprisingly the racist stuff didn't come into this conference during the "ETHNIC" session, which was pretty amazing. The problematic stuff started with a guy talking about early minstrel recordings/groups, and then this virtual tour of this vintage record auction company in Texas that started off with a brief background on this guy's side hustle seed selling business, which felt a little prepper, and then we went to his "chill out" room, with some blackface lawn jockey "fighting darkies" toys, aaaaaannnnd I'm out.
Yikes

They are closing the conference tomorrow with their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee meeting, so I'm hoping these things might be addressed. It wasn't straight up in your face blatant, but it could definitely be used as a learning experience for a couple people. Been some very good stuff, though, very impressed by what some people are doing at the Autry Museum in LA.

You weren't "right" you dumb fuck.
Goodman reported $18 mil.
Currie & Wake negotiated it to $7.5 mil.
We paid Manning $7.5 mil.
We possibly have told Manning to sue if he wants the rest.
Those are the known facts.

You vaguely repeatedly insinuated Goodman's reportage was wrong with ABSOLUTELY ZERO publicly posted facts by you to back yourself up.
You did however, post plenty of stupid trolling "bets" and insults at others.
Thus, when the firing was finally happening, you then latched on to a veiled comment by Currie in the presser that referenced the negotiation amount as "proof" you where "right" all along.
You're a fabulist.

I thought the story was that our last offer was $7.5MM which Manning refused. We told him to pound sand and released the statement. I can’t imagine WF paid $7.5MM without resolving everything.

I thought the story was that our last offer was $7.5MM which Manning refused. We told him to pound sand and released the statement. I can’t imagine WF paid $7.5MM without resolving everything.
I believe that's correct.
Wake apparently negotiated with Manning, then gave a final offer of $7.5, half of the $18 million, take it or leave it.
Whether Manning has taken that payment offer or not, I don't know.
That's all we know.

Aren’t you in NC? Breweries are now allowed to open.

Buncombe County announced a mask requirement but I don’t see anyone abiding by it. Went to get my oil changed today and I was the only one with one on. In situations like that I wonder if I’m the asshole but then remember no I’m not.

Yeah, I'm in Charlotte... you sure? I heard that bars aren't in phase 2, and the breweries that I frequent all say they aren't included

I think Flying Saucer is open, which is close enough to a bar that I might try to stop by soon

oh for sure

any time trump gets brought up on that board it's like moths to a flame

It isn’t even real Trump defense. It’s more like KEEP POLITICS OFF SPORTS BOARD!!! Like they know being a Trump supporter is something to be ashamed of so they don’t admit it directly.

Now that Dutch guy, he’d admit it.

oh nvm, just talked to one of my buddies who works at Birdsong and he says Cooper backtracked on that. apparently breweries are gonna be open by late next week for the most part

yayyyy

Yeah, I'm in Charlotte... you sure? I heard that bars aren't in phase 2, and the breweries that I frequent all say they aren't included

I think Flying Saucer is open, which is close enough to a bar that I might try to stop by soon

That’s what I’d heard, the breweries that serve food like olde meck are technically-ish restaurants so they’re open.

Yep. Cooper announced it today as sort of a surprise.

Mods, what the fuck is up with this Dutch fuck. Ban his ass already.

Which thread is he in? I usually steer clear of the sports board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back