• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

this is already as dumb as i thought it would be

i dont know if it's a good tactic but on my home site i claim the cop day 1 in setups with and without cops

im the cop

we also play with 2.5 hour days and 30 minute nights so this game will feel like im on an opium binge. entertain me

I like this

*playstation* in a robot metallic voice

Wat? Since when is BC under appreciated?

I’d go Startropics, Crystalis or The Guardian Legend.

Startropics is good, but not great. Certainly not as great as Nintendo wanted to think, given the push it got on release.

Crystalis I'll agree with. That game went places that 10 year old me did not expect.

I didn't play much Guardian Legend. Maybe rented it once.

I would like to counter your counter with Blaster Master.

this is already as dumb as i thought it would be

i dont know if it's a good tactic but on my home site i claim the cop day 1 in setups with and without cops

im the cop

we also play with 2.5 hour days and 30 minute nights so this game will feel like im on an opium binge. entertain me

Lol was this toogs or me in the mafia world championships?

In the ice storm of 96, my half of the neighborhood lost power for like a week so I stayed with a friend on the other side of the neighborhood and bc it was NC we were out of school for like 2.5 weeks and we played Super Mario Brothers 3 for like 8 hrs a day

The dream

Lol was this toogs or me in the mafia world championships?

Seriously? Toogs is never that funny.

I can’t believe you don’t recognize your own work.

The other part I love is your nationality: Jewish

Startropics is good, but not great. Certainly not as great as Nintendo wanted to think, given the push it got on release.

Crystalis I'll agree with. That game went places that 10 year old me did not expect.

I didn't play much Guardian Legend. Maybe rented it once.

I would like to counter your counter with Blaster Master.

I kinda feel like Blaster Master is just like Bionic Commando. Great games and very well known and valued.

Did you ever play the Blaster Master remake on the Switch? It was very good.

In the ice storm of 96, my half of the neighborhood lost power for like a week so I stayed with a friend on the other side of the neighborhood and bc it was NC we were out of school for like 2.5 weeks and we played Super Mario Brothers 3 for like 8 hrs a day

The dream

SMB3 is the best SMB game period. I would maybe hear an argument for Galaxy.

I kinda feel like Blaster Master is just like Bionic Commando. Great games and very well known and valued.

Did you ever play the Blaster Master remake on the Switch? It was very good.

Blaster Master Zero? Yeah. They kind of anime'd it up a bunch, but it was still good. Didn't pick up the sequel, but might at some point.

Also both Blaster Master and Bionic Commando had the best soundtracks outside of a Mega Man or Castlevania game. Absolute bangers.

Back