• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

This is why I'm trying not to drink for a month. I'm getting old, and I get drunk on wine mostly now. The hangovers are getting to be real bad. Also, I think I did the math and 25% of my calories are booze, so maybe I'll be hot

Yeah as discussed in the chatzy you have inspired me, I am going to not drink for 2 days.

Baseball Stars is hands down the best NES game, and it's not even close.

Baseball Stars was a great game. Was it the first sports game where you could create your own squad?

lol I think I was like 9-10 when we got ours. Got it for Xmas, but my dad said he got to be the first to play it since he bought it for us so my brothers and I had to watch him try to learn how to handle a controller for like 2 hours before we finally got a chance to play

I got an N64 when I was 5 I think (not for Christmas, we're heathens). We watched my dad play super Mario 64 a lot, and he said it was because it was something we could all do. Im just now realizing my dad was about my age and probably wanted to play video games but needed an excuse to take it from us

Bym are you a dirty mafia cocksucker

It's the sulfites bro. You need either better wine, or stick to white/sparkling. Better wine is the better choice, but I can binge some champagne when I'm in the mood.

I guess. It gets real expensive for table wines to be nice bottles. We normally start with a nice bottle from a local winery, then transition to some $9 bottle of trash. I might be bad at drinking

I got an N64 when I was 5 I think (not for Christmas, we're heathens). We watched my dad play super Mario 64 a lot, and he said it was because it was something we could all do. Im just now realizing my dad was about my age and probably wanted to play video games but needed an excuse to take it from us

When my dad was younger, he was much cooler. We had Pong, an Atari 2600 and 5200. He played some NES (NES Open until around 2005), but after that, he stopped caring about video games.

Seriously? Toogs is never that funny.

I can’t believe you don’t recognize your own work.

The other part I love is your nationality: Jewish

It’s been so long and my memory is terrible. I repped our league proudly

Baseball Stars was a great game. Was it the first sports game where you could create your own squad?

It was the first game where you could track stats, create players, make players better - it was amazing. Every couple years I try to find a NES simulator somewhere where I can recreate the Indians from Major League - I'll pop the movie on and pause it during the game shots to figure out all the rando players on the team that dont have talky roles.

My dog chomped a fire ant nest down in SC last summer and the vet’s office there had a SNES in the waiting room

I also enjoy playing the SNES at Hi-Wire in Asheville

My dog chomped a fire ant nest down in SC last summer and the vet’s office there had a SNES in the waiting room

I also enjoy playing the SNES at Hi-Wire in Asheville

When I was a kid my dentist had an N64 in the waiting room, but the only game was Jeopardy. Actually was super fun, Jeopardy rules

Super Nintendo. Sega Genesis. When I was dead broke man I couldn’t picture this.

I guess. It gets real expensive for table wines to be nice bottles. We normally start with a nice bottle from a local winery, then transition to some $9 bottle of trash. I might be bad at drinking

Better wine doesn't always mean more expensive. You can gamble by grabbing a couple bottles of random shit at total wine and testing it out.

But, yes, wine drunk is excessively more expensive than any other drunk. But at least you can still be haughty about it and look down you nose at beer people.

Back