• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

DeacdeTejas

Reaction score
1.) NEVER edit a post. Editing = Death. Deleting = Editing.

2.) If you miss two votes, you die, regardless of your role. DO NOT MISS A VOTE. PERIOD. If you know you are going to be gone, or if there is a chance you might be gone, you can PM/email me with your desired vote ahead of time. Majority lynches do not count

3.) No posting at "night." If you violate this, I reserve the right to admin assassinate you. End of discussion.

4.) Vote by typing a player name in BOLD in your post, e.g.: I think TEJAS is mafia. If you later want to change your vote, DO NOT EDIT (see rule 1). Make a new post that says "switching from TEJAS to DV7." You may also vote by using ***tejas***

5.) Votes count through the end of the deadline minute. Timestamps of 10:00 count; timestamps of 10:01 do not.

6.) NO POSTING OR DISCUSSION OF PMs ever. You can't say "look, here is proof I am the angel, this is the PM/email from Tejas," etc. You will immediately be admin assassinated. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT EVEN SAY "PM" IN YOUR POST EVER

7.) If the lynch vote is tied at the deadline, there will be a 10 minute overtime. If the tie is not broken during OT, the last person put into the tie will die.

8.) You cannot vote for yourself, and there is no such thing as an active no-vote at the conclusion of a round. You can "switch to no vote" during a round, but you must switch again submitting a name before the round ends or it will be considered a “missed vote” for purposes of elimination.

9.) Majority lynches go into effect when I see them with a five-minute grace period. That is, if I see a majority I will post that a majority has been noted and if there is still a majority five minutes after my post I will call night. NO MAJORITY LYNCHES WILL BE CALLED WITH SIX OR LESS PLAYERS REMAINING

10.) Specials with night moves have until 30 minutes after the night is called to send me their moves.

11.) Everybody should have received a PM. Let me know if you did not. You can reveal what your role is unless it is noted in the PM.

12.) I will inevitably screw something up. I will apologize. You will deal with it. We will move on and try to enjoy this game.

13.) Unless noted in your PM, you can reveal anything you want about your character. Be careful, there could be someone who can use your information to hurt your team.

This game, the characters are not aligned that evil characters are mafia and heroes are civs. I made it random to allow people to come out with their roles and not worry about fake roles like the game on the Terp board.

Deadlines will be 10:30AM, 1:30PM & 4:30PM Eastern.

Last edited:
The Nintendo world has been thrown into chaos. And everyone is maneuvering for power. Nobody is safe and nothing is as it seems. Two main mafia factions have arisen, but the people are fighting back to restore the world back to normal.

Trust no-one. This game, the characters are not aligned that evil characters are mafia and heroes are civs. Everyone has a specific role. I made it random to allow people to come out with their roles and not worry about fake roles. Traditional powers are not alignment indicative either. So seriously. Trust no-one.

Please note there may also be roles across the board that have parts of them redacted.

There are 31 players.

Two Mafia factions

Each mafia faction must be in tie/majority to win. Mafias dont combine.

Civs win when all mafia are gone

DEADLINES WILL BE LONG BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT ROLES AND THE VARIETY OF ROLES. So be prepared for 30-45 min Night times. Please send all PMs to both myself and DV7

Last edited:
1. Eagles - Mike Tyson (gf hunter) - Killed Night 2
You want to be known as the most famous sports character in Nintendo gaming, and you are still upset that they replaced you in the Punch Out series. To help redeem yourself, you are searching for the godfather of Mafia 2. You will get one investigation a night to find the godfather. You win with the town
3. Bym - Little Mac (maf gf) - lynched day 9The star of “Punch Out”, fame has gotten to your head. You are mafia 2 gf. There is one character searching for the godfather (from your past) but they do not know your role. However, be careful in revealing your character.

5. d14 - Battletoad Zitz (mason protection) - died night 8
You and your brothers were the stars of possibly the most difficult game on the NES. Because you worked together, you were able to prevail over the Dark Queen. You and your brother are going to work together in this mafia game, being able to communicate outside of the game and protecting the civs. You cannot protect yourselves, but can protect your brother. You win with the town (redacted. because you are without the third part of your trio, Pimple, your protection will only have a 50% chance of working. You will be told this when one of you dies or when a protection fails.)
townie - Koopa Troopa (mafia goon) - lynched day 7A former follower of Bowser, you have departed from him. You remain a mafia goon.
9. numbers - Ness (Mafia 1 Watcher) - Lynched Day 1
You are a young boy with psychic powers. You get to “watch” any player at night from afar and see who visits them. You win with Mafia 1
10. sd3 -
Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) (civ post restriction) - killed night 4
A ninja is to be neither seen nor heard. Because of this, you will be limited to posting five times a day for the first five days, excluding posts where you just post a vote. Failure to uphold this results in death. You also have one ninja vig hit. Use wisely. You win with the town
11. Gouda - Ash Pokemon Trainer (Mafia 2 Tracker) - Killed Night 1
You gotta catch em all. You have gone out into the world to search for pokemon and become an adept tracker. You may track any character at night. You win with Mafia 2
gat - Battletoad Rash (mason protection) - died night 7
You and your brothers were the stars of possibly the most difficult game on the NES. Because you worked together, you were able to prevail over the Dark Queen. You and your brother are going to work together in this mafia game, being able to communicate outside of the game and protecting the civs. You cannot protect yourselves, but can protect your brother. You win with the town (redacted. because you are without the third part of your trio, Pimple, your protection will only have a 50% chance of working. You will be told this when one of you dies or when a protection fails.)
ryala - mafia 1 goon - died night 6
Redacted
14. Gooner -
Dr. Wily (Mafia 2) -
Role Redacted
jman - Mario - (mafia Godfather) - lynched day 8A heel turn more notorious than Hollywood Hogan joining the Outsiders, you are the head of Mafia 1. You are invisible to any cop investigations, but there is one person searching for you (from your past). They do not know Mario is the godfather, but they can investigate you at night.
17. ph - Link (civ tiebreaker) - lynched Day 2
You are Link, and you have connections with two fellow characters in the game. If you are able to break a tie in overtime, you will be given the identities of (redacted). If you can break a second tie in overtime, you will be told the alignment of either (redacted) or (redacted) (your choice). You win with the town
18. hoop Solid Snake (Mafia 2 Vig) -
lynched Day 3
Solid Snake is a trained killer. With all of your special forces training, you have been given the ability to kill one player at night. However, all of your combat experience has caused you to embrace the dark side and join Mafia 2. You can use this vig hit any night that your mafia does not have a night hit.
19. rommy - kirby (civ chameleon) - killed night 4
You are kirby, some giant tub of bounce that also has the power to swallow players whole (rb) and steal their powers. Each night you may pick someone to “swallow”. They will lose their powers that night and you can choose to use them instead. Players are told they had their powers stolen and were rb’d, and whether they were used. You win with the town
Da Wario (civ gf hunter) - killed night 9The villain in several of Mario’s games, you are in actuality a strong guy who wants to help people out. You are searching for the godfather of Mafia 1. This character will have been in a game with Wario (and I’m not counting the sports games). You will get one investigation a night to find the godfather. You win with the town

22. Parlay - Luigi - Civ Cop - killed night 3
Ready to step out of your brother’s shadow, you get the centerpiece role for the good guys. Each night you may investigate a player. They will come back “town” or “not town”. You win with the town
27. Boston - Gary Oak - vanilla civ - lynched day 5
Ash’s rival in the Pokemon games, you have decided to become good and use your skills at finding pokemon to help the town. You are vanilla civ

28. toogs - Ice Climbers (civ vanilla) - killed night 4
Arent you cute in those parkas and with those hammers. Like what do you even do? Vanilla civ. You win with the town
29. QT - dog from duck hunt - (backup cop) - killed Night 5
There you are, ready to get some birds. Well you're hunting something different this game, mafia. You are the backup cop. If the cop dies you become the new cop and may start sending investigations. Your results will come back “town” or “not town”. You win with the town
30. jtp - Samus - (civ immune) - lynched day 6
You are a bounty hunter with an external exoskeleton. In your search for bad guys, you may on any 1 night, you may choose to become immune to night hits (hits only). You win with the town

2. Knight
4. rw
6. tim
8. mako
15. nonny
20. GM
23. Doofus
24. tic
25. Northern
26. manning
31. rocket

Last edited:
Hold for vote counts/day results:

numbers 8 Da rommy tic gat d14 sd3 manning rw
doofus 7 northern gooner ryala townie rocket qt knight
gooner 7 doofus goaliemom gouda hoop boston ph eagles
nonny 2 numbers tim
parlay 2 jman jtp
ryala 2 parlay toogs
boston 1 Bym
gouda 1 manning
tic 1 nonny
timdunk 1 mako

ph 7 gooner jtp jman bym northern gat d14
hoop 5 tic parlay eagles rommy da
rommy 5 townie knight doofus ryala hoop
ryala 4 toogs boston tim nonny
gooner 3 Goaliemom rocket ph
Eagles 2 manning sd3
boston 1 redwing
nonny 2 qt mako

hoop14jtpparlaydatownied14goonergatnonnygoaliebymqtbostontimredwing
northern2ticryala
parlay2hoopjman
QT2manningrommy
Ryala2toogssd3
Gooner1rocket
Nonny1mako
Redwing1doofus
Rommy1knight

gooner13townieryalajmangoaliemomgatrommydoofusmakod14bostonmanningdabym
ryala6northerntoogsgoonerknightredwingnonny
jtp2rocketQt
bym1tic
tic1jtp
d141sd3
northern1tim

boston8doofusgatd14towniegoaliemomdaqtjtp
jtp7knightryalabymjmanrocketnonnynorthern
timdunk2redwingmako
gat1tic
ryala1manning
ytv: tic, tim

jtp11bymtownieDamakojmandoofusnonnyryalad14gattim
manning1redwing
ryala1jtp

rocket6nonnyticmakonorthernmanningtim
doofus3redwinggoaliemomrocket
manning1doofus
YTV: Knight

Last edited:
Game Open. Dv7 and I are in and out due to Mothers Day.

Behave.

Everyone should have gotten a pm. If you didnt let DV7 or I know

Last edited:
I am on a serious King kick after that game last week. Halfway through Salem’s Lot. It’s v good. What should I read next? Got 11/22/63 in my apartment but read it a few years ago, so want to try more before I reread.

I love The Mist short story but I think Townie disagreed with that take. I liked the Dark Tower a lot. Many King fans would say to read The Stand but it’s not my favorite book of his (I’m in the minority of thinking it’s middle of the road King).

***Knight***

Is 11/22/63 a unique King read? It’s the only book I’ve read by him and it didn’t necessarily feel like a story that fits in with the rest of his catalogue.

I love some of his Bachman stuff. The Long Walk is one of my favorite books ever.

***tim***

***ph***

Put me in the King is Overrated camp. He’s prolific, which is impressive, but whoever called his stuff Goosebumps for adults was spot on.

***ph***

Put me in the King is Overrated camp. He’s prolific, which is impressive, but whoever called his stuff Goosebumps for adults was spot on.

See I kinda had this impression going into it, but have been super impressed with a lot of the way he backgrounds his characters to explain why they are the way they are (especially the kids).

***doofus***

I've never read even one King book. But Maximum Overdrive was my first King movie, freaked me out as a kid.

I thought the King game was over. WE're supposed to be talking Nintendo now. Like how Bionic Commando might have been the most underappreciated game on the NES.

Back