• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Summer Travel

I wish there was someplace to get away to for Memorial Day. With HB going crazy and opening the beach, tens of thousands or more people will be descending upon us. I will be very surprised if there isn't a spike in June.

hundreds of thousands of people at HB would really make social distancing a challenge, even at low tide

My 74 year old mother wants to drive up to the Cape for Memorial Day for the traditional moving-in at the place my aunt rents. I told her this was stupid and she asked if I’d rather she flew. I told her both were stupid and I’d rather she did neither, but if she’s insistent I would want to drive up with her because I don’t want her driving 15 hours. She was like, I’ll stop at so-and-so’s, but no one is going to want to put up my mom, right?

This is all dumb, correct? And neither of us should go up there from NC until things settle down, or what? Am I being overly cautious?

About half is Wilmington, DE. You can probably get a great takeout burger and old fashioned shake a few miles off 95 at The Charcoal Pit.

Texas beaches looking good.

amen to that. the selwyn pub of gulf shores. I'd socially nondistance there if i was close

I was in Panama City Beach for beach week after high school graduation and got wasted at an oyster bar. I went outside and puked oysters all over the side of the building.

#betterstoriesthanrjkarl

ya ain't been pucked until you've been FUDPUCKED

Texas beaches looking good.

Yeah. That would have made a good SNL sketch. Aidy Bryant would have killed it with “Wash them hands for 20 seconds!” and whatever she said about gravy at the end.

That video has cemented the fact that we are all fucked.

Yes, in part because we live in Europe. The only hold up at the moment is an inability to plan, because we do not know when international flights will begin and what different countries quarantine regulations will be. Also, we are unsure about how the EU will restrict people flying on US passports. We moved our May trip back to August, but have not booked anything else.

We did a trip down south this past weekend, Airbnb. The beaches were very empty and you can tell the restaurants are seriously hurting from lack of tourists (the restaurants have been open for a week at this point). From the deals I am already seeing, I can only assume there will be a lot of excellent hotel deals once hotels are back open.

Im in Portugal (Algarve), so I'm not going anywhere. My brother, his wife and their three little ones have flights booked to come here from Boston in August. Don't know if they will make it or not - haven't cancelled yet. They're both MDs, so I won't necessarily offer any advice one way or the other.

Swiss Air came through and I'm getting a full refund for our flights that were scheduled for next week! I would have hated to put them on the naughty list.

Heading to a beach house tomorrow in a sleepy non commercial beach town. Packing in several days of food so we only need to leave maybe once to get stuff. Less relaxing than I’d hoped when booking this half a year ago.

All summer travel plans off for now for the juvenile diabetic wife and I.

THIS SUCKS! :mad:

Back