• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mac McClung updates

He beat down three members of Leaders of the Free World in consecutive rep battles.

How was this guy a 3-star recruit?

He is from a tiny town in Southwest VA, and his AAU team out of Richmond "Team Loaded" did not feature him (they were "loaded" at guard, and he often did not start for them). Also, he is a 6-1ish white guy with a game built on his athleticism, rather than being a pure shooter like most white guards that aspire to play on a high level. That's kind of like being a white cornerback. Those that evaluate recruits are skeptical based upon their personal biases and because he is unlike most others.

Last edited:
Is this the first single-recruit thread since Harry Giles?

He’s a great kid. Saw him drop 53 in a HS tournament game, then he stayed for over an hour afterwards to take pictures and sign things for the kids at the game. His game is just exciting and attracts a lot of eyes. Would be a huge get in terms of not only basketball, but also media attention, attendance, etc.

He has his own set of lyrics to the song Aqualung, where in he substitutes "Mac McClung" for "Aqualung."

He’s a great kid. Saw him drop 53 in a HS tournament game, then he stayed for over an hour afterwards to take pictures and sign things for the kids at the game. His game is just exciting and attracts a lot of eyes. Would be a huge get in terms of not only basketball, but also media attention, attendance, etc.

We could use something exciting in the Joel.

I don't think the big Polish kid (who I like) would have the same impact as McClung.

He is from a tiny town in Southwest VA, and his AAU team out of Richmond "Team Loaded" did not feature him (they were "loaded" at guard, and he often did not start for them). Also, he is a 6-1ish white guy with a game built on his athleticism, rather than being a pure shooter like most white guards that aspire to play on a high level. That's kind of like being a white cornerback. Those that evaluate recruits are skeptical based upon their personal biases and because he is unlike most others.
Sounds like DutchDeac will love him.

41gc2q.jpg

We could use something exciting in the Joel.

I don't think the big Polish kid (who I like) would have the same impact as McClung.

He's a STUD. I've seen him play in high school and college and he's an impact layer for sure. He can take over a game by himself and relishes the big moment.

My dad can't stop talking about him because he was the best basketball player ever at his high school. For those curious, it's the same high school that Josh Shoemaker went to.

If Mac wants to commit to your school, you definitely take him. Forbes is involved and has a prior relationship. I noticed he played with Mucius at the Iverson Classic. Wake has some Gate City connections. This could go well.

Back