• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mac McClung updates

Being in Mac's top 10 > that time when we were in Cole Anthony's top 6 and then he trimmed his list to 5 like the next day.

Mcclung seems like a guy who would have 20 fantastic dunks during the season but be a very average to below average player for the other thousand or so other basketball skill plays he would make during a season .

It still appears that Wake Forest's fanbase will continue to be a negative when analyzing the pros and cons of committing to play here.

Mcclung seems like a guy who would have 20 fantastic dunks during the season but be a very average to below average player for the other thousand or so other basketball skill plays he would make during a season .

Just trying to judge your standards - would you put either LD Williams or Ismail Muhammed in that category?

That is what he would do with a bad coach. He fits into the “recruit offense, coach defense” strategy. A good coach would get a player like that to buy in to be good at those other basketball skill plays.

Some of you are treating a fairly proven college player like he’s Kwe Parker and it’s really annoying. He’s one of the best players available at the moment and would generate a ton of positive press for Coach Forbes and Wake.

Yeah he averaged 16 PPG at a P6 school last year. He would be pretty damn good with a year of work on an ACC team.

Just trying to judge your standards - would you put either LD Williams or Ismail Muhammed in that category?

uhh, yeah I guess so. LD was a great dunker and really good defender who was completely average or below at every other aspect of basketball (although he had leadership intangibles that were also valuable.) . Mcclung seems to shoot a lot more than LD and at a much lower percentage, have
worse rebounding numbers than LD and has an assist to turnover ratio that is not so great for a guard. I have no idea about his defense as I barely watched WFU the past two years , much less Georgetown. So...would I take McClung? Hell yeah, he would give us a lot of positive momentum going forward with his name recognition, but I just speculate that he will have some holes in his game in between some sportscenter top 10 dunks. Most transfers from P6 schools do have some holes in their game or else they wouldn't be transfers ( generalization of course).

Beachbum makes an excellent point though about how a good coach can get guys to buy in, so if McClung commits to WFU, I'll be excited. The guy is an exciting player.

Last edited:
Based on his stats, at worst we are getting a more athletic Childress.

First team freshman All Big East. Neath and McClung would be fun.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks Mac is similar to LD Williams is silly. Love me some LD, but Mac has way more versatility. That being said, I don’t think there is any reason to be optimistic that we have a shot at him. While we are the best option available by most accounts(ACC, playing time, etc), Mac beats to his own drum and hasn’t shown any interest in Wake.

It's just nice to think that (a) WFU might get an exciting player and (b) that player is likely to be well coached if he arrives.

Back