• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mac McClung updates

Just spent 10 min trying to listen to this in the background. Not sure what I heard. I'm unofficially officially old.

The part about Tennessee and Auburn recruiting him that is weird is both schools already have 13 guys signed to play next season. Imagine being the kid that the coach just says, sorry your scholarship is gone last second because we are recruiting over you. Both schools also already have loaded backcourts. Doesn't make sense.

Yeah, it is almost like UT would prefer him NOT to get a waiver since they have two stud guards coming in this fall.

For those that are keeping track of other site's opinions, the latest Auburn insight didn't necessarily indicate they were in the lead, like one of them reported yesterday. Rather they felt it would tough for Auburn, like everyone else, because he has quite a few suitors.

Had a Duke friend earlier tell me he's hearing UNC...I didn't even know there was mutual interest there.

Had a Duke friend earlier tell me he's hearing UNC...I didn't even know there was mutual interest there.

UNC took transfers from Charleston Southern and William and Mary last year. When talent like MM is available, UNC will have interest.

I'll predict UNC. Solely because they haven't had a universally hateable player since Hansborough. They are over due.

I tend to think that is where he lands. But man, I'd love to have him. Has some Marshal Henderson swagger to him.

If he gets an immediate waiver, he’d be competing for playing time with 2 McDonald’s AA PGs in Roach and Steward.

Knowing nothing, I have to believe the Duke mention is purely to boost his own stock.

I still feel like UT, Auburn, Wake, and UNC are the more likely scenarios. UT and Auburn have loaded backcourts and some scholly concerns. Mac would fit in well at UNC if he’s a sit 1, play 2 transfer, but they have the #2 PG in the country coming in for ‘20. Wake makes sense for playing time, level of competition, prior relationships, etc.

We will see how this plays out, but I think we are, and should be, very well in the mix for this one.

Back