• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mac McClung updates

That IG caption really is something. Even if he can’t play this year, he’d be a 2021 commit in a way, and that could really help us gain some momentum with recruits due to his popularity and skill.

truly don't understand where these 2 came from. Duke was never a factor and it was reported days ago UNC had contacted them but there was no interest by a staffer on their 247 board

Yep...I was just posting what I read and what a friend connected to a Duke told me...Weak sauces...

I feel much better about this list and his Burger King tag would basically be a troll job if he doesn’t pick Wake. I mean, that’s Forbes’ saying..sooooo.... vibes?

I don't care to bash on people(unless they're insufferable and no one #onhere has been that to me in my short time here) but yeah it's less surprising Duke isn't on here more that Tennessee isn't. But scholarships may have been an issue

Most interesting is that TN and VT are not on the list. With BYU, USC and Texas Tech on the list, it does not appear that playing close to home is a huge priority. Love the fact that WF is the only ACC school on the list (and the closest to his home town -- Memphis is on the other side of TN from Gate City -- almost 500 miles). For a kid growing up in VA (granted near the TN border) and playing for a Richmond-based AAU team, would think that he would like competing in the ACC.

Really interesting range of coaches on the list:

- Chris Beard - Defense oriented; even though he has been a HC coach for 5 years (4 at TT), he is considered among the best
- Mark Pope - Former WF assistant; crushed it his first year at BYU
- Bruce Pearl - Forbes mentor; won at 3 places; 55-16 last two years; shady
- Penny - Two years as a head coach; unproven, but can attract talent (interesting that Memphis made the list given that his limited college coaching background is similar to Ewing, and things didn't work out well at G'town)
- Andy Enfield - 7 years at USC; limited success, may have been on the hot seat in a non-Covid world; hot wife
- Eric Musselman - NBA background; coaching vagabond; this past year was his first as HC Power V program

Lots of different traits as coaches and as people. Cautiously encouraged. WF is the smallest school and most academically oriented of that group.

Last edited:
Back