• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

oh yea now that it's postgame i thought the townie role that eagles played was funny

i wish it were me i would have cosplayed 19-23 year old townie really hard

I do think that this was not power heavy which was a nice change. Single maf no-indy games are +ev for civs for sure

Hard to argue that it wasn't civ sided since RW only ever saw me and I never stopped a hit and we still were at 7-1.

Your first statement makes no sense by itself - it depends entirely on how many mafia there are in the game. In a 21-person game, 6 mafia on one team are probably a good bit stronger than 2 teams of 4. And Indys are nothing but negative for mafia.

oh yea now that it's postgame i thought the townie role that eagles played was funny

I was so upset that you were mafia and didn't get to see it in a reveal.

For those who didn't see in deadchat, the only god modded thing in this game was Knight's role. He didn't want to play as something that would disrupt the game if he AAed due to his leg. I made up that role for him, since the game had no vanilla.

Your first statement makes no sense by itself - it depends entirely on how many mafia there are in the game. In a 21-person game, 6 mafia on one team are probably a good bit stronger than 2 teams of 4. And Indys are nothing but negative for mafia.

Disagree, much easier for mafia to seem civ if they can look for other mafia or an indy. And analyzing dead mafia is a lot easier when you know they know all of the bad guys in the game.

Gouda civ
Eagles mafia
Rommy civ

Toogs civ
Hoop civ
Mako civ

Doofus mafia
Numbers civ
Townie mafia

Tim civ
SD3 civ
Nonny civ

Redwing civ
Ryala mafia
Jman civ
Knight civ

3/5 would've been BIG trouble for mafia.

Yeah, if you cut that in half with the break after numbers, you get 2 maf in either group and mafia probably benefit more from the distraction than civs benefit from the info.

Don't worry, I did that for you

saw jeff mangum front row first three shows back in york, pa

saw spoon's first show outside the us

I was there in 1968.
I was there at the first Can show in Cologne.

I was so upset that you were mafia and didn't get to see it in a reveal.

For those who didn't see in deadchat, the only god modded thing in this game was Knight's role. He didn't want to play as something that would disrupt the game if he AAed due to his leg. I made up that role for him, since the game had no vanilla.

BRO

what the fuck BRO

this game was TAINTED.

saw jeff mangum front row first three shows back in york, pa

saw spoon's first show outside the us

I was there in 1968.
I was there at the first Can show in Cologne.

Oh yeah? Well I saw a washed up Of Montreal's lackluster performance at Flying Dog in front of like 100 people who didn't know them, while they insisted on playing a bunch of new stuff that sucked. So take that.

But strong reference, 9.5/10

maf can't elaborately plan fakes in a closed game though

The best part about the design of this game was that mafia totally could have claimed anything. We had duplicate 2 one-shot cop claims plus a 2-shot cop. We had some RNG'd powers, some every third night powers and one every night power. We had some standard (cop/protect / role block) powers, some post-restriction powers, and more creative powers like JTP's and Knight's.

Everyone was wary of claims until proven in the end - people were questioning redwing until the end. You could have claimed anything you wanted.

It's more difficult in other big theme games, and mods might want to start giving safepowerclaims, but this game was really well done in terms of allowing for fake claims.

It's more difficult in other big theme games, and mods might want to start giving safepowerclaims, but this game was really well done in terms of allowing for fake claims.

My opinion on safe power claims is that I give you names and you use your creativity to come up with something that fits. I'm not doing your job for you.

Guys be honest with me...is my hatred for Knight's gameplay warranted, or am I being a hater for no reason and overreacting?

The best of this info from BYM is that knight - knowing he was going to get a non-game breaking role that was similar to a vanilla civ - still decided to post that he hadn’t read his role, and then had a GENUINE reaction to the role 100 seconds later after he looked.

My opinion on safe power claims is that I give you names and you use your creativity to come up with something that fits. I'm not doing your job for you.

Agreed. I think we just need games where there are roles with multiple utility that are roughly the same. Which then enables mafia safe claims that can mirror the same. Until the former happens the latter remains so sketchy that people won’t buy the claim.

Disagree, much easier for mafia to seem civ if they can look for other mafia or an indy. And analyzing dead mafia is a lot easier when you know they know all of the bad guys in the game.

but crosshits, tho

and having more team members to sacrifice gives more freedom to play and dig yourself out of a bind.

Back